United States of America
Product & Clients
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company. We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people!
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches. The MRI-Simmons Insights Product is a consumer intelligence and discovery platform that provides marketers with faster access to actionable consumer insights.
This role owns end-to-end responsibility for those systems and processes related to an assigned functional area or sub-sets of a functional area. A Product Owner is responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by a development team to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product. As a Product Owner, you will gather feature requests, schedule releases, and coordinate development activities in coordination with the Operations and Application Architecture teams. You should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
You will ensure that all projects have clearly defined requirements and meet established acceptance criteria, timeline and scope. You will also develop project plans that align with company goals, and coordinate team managers and technical personnel throughout all stages of the project.
Examples of the types of systems/processes falling within the scope of responsibilities for the Product Owner include processes for tracking outbound/inbound survey participant communication and interactions as well as those which ingest, evaluate incoming survey data records and track the editing & review of such information.
Top candidates should have excellent problem-solving skills with at least three years of experience in development or related work. They should have the ability to anticipate the future needs of the organization by communicating with stakeholder groups and stay abreast of relevant shifts in methodological and technical demands as well as operational needs.
As the Product Owner, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Manage development priorities and releases with top-down oversight throughout entire execution process to ensure success as defined by requirements with adherence to standards of acceptance criteria, timeline and scope.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that align end-user requirements with company goals and coordinate among stakeholders and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development and planning through testing and implementation/roll-out. Plans should include testing criteria for both initial application testing and end-user testing.
- Continuously monitor project progress and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and identify, plan, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Review proposed modifications to plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes as well as communicating agreed-upon changes to stakeholders.
- Identify related resources and materials needs before and during projects by talking with team members, managers, and other key stakeholders.
- Participate in ongoing application development priority planning reviews and updates.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with stakeholders and staying informed of relevant shifts in methodological and technical demands as well as operational needs.
Now that we have introduced you to the position of Product Owner, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- Experience in leading large-scale initiatives with heavy change management requirements
- Adept at creative, strategic thinking as well as problem-solving
- Strong priority-setting and collaboration skills
- Ability to build positive and productive relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Experience with a growth organization focused on culture and engagement
- Ability to work to deadline and utilize available resources
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with project management and workflow tools such as Jira, Visio, etc.
- Prior work experience in industries utilizing processes, systems, or databases engaged in transaction management helpful (customer relationship management/CRM, banking/financial, travel, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in business management, operations or related field preferred
Experience with a growth organization focused on culture and engagement All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!