United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Product Manager, QC Software and Data
MRI-Simmons is looking for a detail-oriented Product Manager to coordinate and perform test planning and acceptance testing of data products supporting the MRI-Simmons USA study and ancillary products and focus studies. In this role, the Product Manager will work closely with Engineering, Sales, Operations and Research to develop, confirm and enhance product quality standards. The Product Manager understands the customer's needs and requirements and coordinates the team’s efforts and communications supporting the release of data and new products.
To be successful as a Product Manager, you should have excellent communication and listening skills, with strong observational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. You should be skilled in client-facing software product development and have a strong understanding of different software development, testing and implementation processes.
Product Manager, QC Software and Data Accountabilities:
- Defining testing requirements, building testing strategies and executing plans for acceptance testing.
- Tracking, prioritizing, and working with teams to retests and resolve issues.
- Devising ways to improve the testing and implementation process to ensure higher-quality data releases.
- Coordinating the testing work of other team members and providing guidance.
- Reviews final output, comparing it to the expected results and approving or rejecting the final data releases.
- Organizing test case documentation signoffs.
- Communicating product testing status and progress to leadership and stakeholders.
- Understanding client's needs and requirements and identifying enhancements to the data and software.
- Assuming responsibility as subject matter expert on software products across the MRI-Simmons organization.
Product Manager, QC Software and Data Requirements
- A bachelor's degree in science or business-based programs.
- 5+ years’ experience in client-facing software development, testing and release management, preferable in areas of advertising, marketing, or media research.
- Experience managing testing projects and leading cross functional teams to identify key milestones, risks, assumptions, and measure success.
- Strong attention to detail, observation, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of software testing and quality control procedures
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!