For almost 90 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, ROI, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of 8,000+ employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and will support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future, as we continue our evolution from Market Research provider to SaaS data solutions and consulting partner. We value extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Retail data is the lifeblood of GfK and supports everything we do. The Product Manager Global Retail Compliance (PMGRC) is a team member of the Global Retail Compliance team which is responsible for ensuring and maintaining the appropriate level of confidentiality of all individual partner data, whilst enabling the most granular and useful reporting outputs possible. It is critical our partners performance is correctly protected in data used both internally and externally across all products and solutions. A truly client centric, global approach is needed to protect the data partners interests but at the same time to maximise the value of data available in our products/reporting.
This role will be an expert consultant for global colleagues to build a company-wide understanding of the critical nature of data partner compliance.
Within the Global Retail Compliance team, the role will be supporting the introduction and optimization of Retailer Compliance rules and its processes, in particular for the determination of the Retail Compliance status of various (new and legacy) products and processes.
The PMGRC e works closely with our user base of MI data (MI/Sales/Operations) as well as with the Product Owner / TECH organization.
Excellent communication skills enable the PMGRC to act as “translator” between the different parties.
A key element will be to take care of regular monitoring to measure continuously the RC of products and systems and its usage. This also includes the handling of the access rights approval process.
To be successful, the PMGRC will need to be able to explain in an easy to digest manner highly complex processes and dependencies to all levels of Stakeholders.
- Performing RC checks for different type of products/systems to prepare for sign off.
- Perform monitoring tasks that allow to measure RC status of our Reporting/Products and its usage.
- Determining qualitative status of introduced RC rules for different products/systems
- Handling of access rights approval process.
- Support local and regional teams in all general questions about Retail Compliance.
- Continuous improvements of our RC specific Sharepoint communication.
- Support the definition and implementation of new business processes and optimization of existing business processes related to Retail Compliance.
- Supporting transformation of systems, products and business processes driven by the overall transformation of the company.
- Review and rework of exsiting training and communication materials.
Skills & Experience required
Client / Industry / Tech
- Deep understanding of GfK’s POS business, internal systems and processes (incl. Jira)
- Experienced user of GSE PE
- Excellent excel skills including Excel Pivot
- Deep knowledge of GfK’s external offers/products
- Ability to network Tech feasibility and products to match client’s business requirements
- Build effective relationships with key functions (tech, products, ops.)
Project Management skills
- Project management experience in an agile setup
- Implementation of changes and follow through
- Advanced stakeholder management skills
- Ability to advertise for global standards
Self / Personality / Leadership
- Strong analytical skills with a sharp eye on dependencies in highly complex projects
- Quick grasp and distinct sense for the essential
- Excellent communication skills / fluent English
- Delivery focus
- Client oriented attitude / willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to build sustainable relationships
- "Active listening" skill
Other responsibilities may be allocated to ensure the effectiveness of the group.
All employees within GfK are expected to promote the image of the company. This will be done in part, by adopting a professional appearance and maintaining an efficient and effective working environment. It is expected that employees adhere to any specific deadlines set in respect of Company issues relating to professional servicing (internal and external) and objectives. The detail and scope of this job description may be altered to take account of changing company needs.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!