For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Mission of the role
Retail colleague needs to be able to translate GfK requirements, and needs, to Retailers and make them hungry for cooperation by offering products and services. Own and define internal processes or services
As a Product Consultant - Retail Management, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Manage overall retail relationship with GfK, liaising with internal departments to provide a retail centric experience
- Develop, sustain and grow GfK’s presence with retailers, holding workshops and presentations
- Prepare and negotiate the contracts between GfK and the Retailers
- Connect with Client Solution team to define which Retailers are essential for the Panel
- Establish an acquisition plan and follow it through with the Retail Manager (countries/regions)
- Ensure maximum communication with the other internal GfK departments, build relationships that will support the growth needed for GfK’s insights
- Assure on time and accurate data delivery from retailers
- Keep retail database up to date
- Support the Client Solution team during data evaluation processes
- Cooperate with the regional retail team and follow the respective guidelines
Now that we've introduced you to the position of Product Consultant - Retail Management, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- University degree (ideally in the field of Economics or Sociology)
- 5 years of work experience with market research and/or retailers
- Results driven personality
- Client centric approach
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Advanced user of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce and SRM are considered as strong advantage
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!