For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Principal Architect is the pinnacle level of the career path requiring extensive knowledge and experience enabling holders of the title to solve the most complex and difficult software architecture problems.
The principal architect will be the person to drive the creation, continuous development and refinement of the software architecture strategy and practice. While the main focus of this job is to lead the architecture practice, the principal architect must interface closely with the product and delivery teams, help with their decision making and drive the implementation of architectural best practices.
Beyond the core scope, the Principal Architect will need to actively support the GfK Technology & Data objective to become a 'Strategic partner to the other GfK functions' and must involve themselves in decisions on cross-CSG integration efforts and opportunities.
We are searching for an experienced architect with a demonstrated history of leading architecture teams and building data driven products. As a principal architect you will need to have the following:
• Demonstrable track record of building and leading strong architecture functions.
• Proven experience in architecting data ingestion, enrichment and analysis platforms.
• Experience within various types of service-oriented architectures (e.g. BFF / Microservices) and a modern web stack.
• Experience working within large-scale agile delivery organisations, building empowering architecture engagement models.
• Proven experience in IaaS, SaaS, PaaS with the ability to show strong experience in adopting cloud-first approaches.
• Familiarity with light-touch architecture governance techniques.
• Experience within a product focussed environment.
• Worked closely with data science teams to enable rapid delivery of models and access to data.
• The ability to interact and communicate closely with senior stakeholders such as the CTO and VP Technology.
• Google Cloud
• Maintain an always current overview on the subsystems of the business and their interfaces both within the system landscape and also externally.
• Extend, maintain and communicate the architectural vision and roadmap to the teams and stakeholders.
• Ensure the readiness and proper prioritisation of technical features/enablers (in contrast to business features). In this capacity there is also a need for a strong alignment with other functions and lead engineers from QA, SRE, Engineering to improve on aspects of quality control, CI/CD procedures, infrastructure rollout etc.
• Provide architectural guidelines, best practices and consult teams on the application thereof.
• Foster a development culture of built-in quality and security for all aspects of product delivery (infrastructure, application, data management)
• Actively participate in global architecture practices and community of practices to promote best practices, approaches and learnings across different organizations within GFK ensuring the right candidates are participating, popularising the idea of CoPs within the Architecture community.
Successful outcomes for this role include:
• Building upon the established foundations to ensure the architecture practice provides guidance and support to delivery teams.
• Iterates and refines the engagement models, and alignment with the product, engineering, and data science functions.
• Establishes a suitable 12-month roadmap and architecture strategy.
• Upskill members of the architecture practice through best-in-class leadership and coaching.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!