For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Our Marketing and Consumer Intelligence (MCI) Department enables our clients to make data driven decisions to help them grow. And how do we do that? By listening to their needs, establishing research strategies, and providing them with relevant insights and recommendations, while keeping the time investment for our clients at a low level by supporting them in all their decision making.
In a nutshell, we are looking for a person that is passionate about all aspects of (market) research and throws him- or herself completely in performing a project from beginning to end. You understand what our clients require insights on and perform just the right analyses to deliver clear action points to them. You do so in collaboration with experienced team members throughout the company.
The MCI family is a multicultural team composed of eleven creative and passioned people working together to develop the solutions the client wants or may not even know they need, functioning in an exciting work environment that brings people together. In addition, our teams across the region are in constant communication to provide the best experience to our clients. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit, which is why we are looking for self-starters, people who accept challenges and create solutions.
What does our typical day look like?
- First things first: a coffee or tea at our cozy office in Leuven, or at home.
- You start off the morning in a briefing with other project members to understand the project at hand.
- Afterwards, it’s time to dig into that data and analyze it, to find meaningful answers to the client’s questions and include this in a report.
- As the day evolves, you work on setting up another run of a weekly tracker for another client to test their ads.
- After lunch, it is time to discuss with your project member which missing pieces are in the report and what the next steps are.
- In between, you discuss with colleagues to ensure that the tracker is set up and data can be collected.
- Almost the end of the day... Time to hit that deadline and deliver the report to the client! Now it’s just a matter of waiting for the oral presentation to bring the story to life in a charismatic presentation!
- You finish the day feeling proud that you kept balance between the different projects on your plate!
Now that we’ve introduced you to the position as Research Expert, what skills, qualifications and experience you should have?
- Bachelor’s, Master’s degree, or higher education.
- You have around 3 years of experience in doing research.
- A passion for numbers and digging into numbers to uncover rich insights.
- Good planning, organization, analytical and project skills.
- Sufficient knowledge of MS Office, SPSS and/or other analytical packages.
- Fluent in English, big plus if you are also fluent in Dutch or French.
- Problem solver, creative and can-do attitude with a mindset aimed at solidarity and teamwork
What do we have for you?
We have an adventure filled with challenges waiting for you in one of the world’s leading research companies. An open place where you can bring your expertise to create positive impact and the opportunity to further develop in the direction you see fit. We not only offer a competitive salary package and the flexibility to work from home and at the office, but we believe in a work hard, play hard mentality. We focus on our GfK family and atmosphere with initiatives such as weekly fresh fruit, fresh soup during the winter, fruit salad in the summer and bring-together initiatives/events such as Easter breakfast, teambeings, BBQ and drinks.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!