Marketing & Communications
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Annual Marketing Planning
- Develop and implement annual communications and marketing plan (external and internal) to support Japan GfK business priorities in alignment with APAC-META Regional and Global Marketing directions.
- Strategize and propose marketing and communications execution and budgets with measurable outcomes that will support and contribute to Commercial targets and growth priorities in Japan.
PR, Social Media and Website
- Develop editorial calendar and content with GfK analysts to pitch to media outlets; execute PR and Social Media (GfK Facebook, Linkedin) engagement as part of integrated marcom campaigns; handle all inbound and outbound media inquiries
- Update Japan GfK website to feature local and global content based on client personas
- Ensure alignment and compliance with GfK corporate communication strategy and brand standards in Japan.
Integrated marketing campaign planning and activation
- Plan and execute integrated marketing campaigns (including website, email, SEO, social, events, webinars, PR) in partnership with Commercial teams to generate awareness and create demand for GfK solutions in Japan, with ownership and accountability for ROI of marcom budget.
- Adapt and translate Global Marketing content or create local relevant content and messaging that supports overall value proposition and positioning of GfK solutions.
- Work with local agencies on creative and production of campaign content and deliverables for on-going publishing, client e-newsletters, social media, blogs and sales engagement activities.
- Establish clear marketing campaign objectives that includes target setting (sales leads, views, clicks etc), audience segmentation (new contacts, existing clients), contact strategy and tactics with on time, on budget execution as planned.
Marketing Automation and Reporting
- Leverage in-house marketing platform tool to automate, track, manage and report on campaign results and effectiveness. This includes setting up email campaign workflows, web landing pages, web form fill.
- Work closely with Commercial teams to ensure they are updated on the campaign status and make adjustments to improve results where needed.
- Ensure contacts and leads (Marketing Qualified leads, Sales Qualified Leads) generated are properly captured properly and work with Commercial teams on follow up actions and win/lose outcomes for campaign ROI reporting and evaluation.
- Provide update on campaigns, achievements and highlights at local staff Townhall
- Support Japan Commercial Leader to craft key messages for all staff communications
- Work with APAC-META Regional / Global Marketing and Communications Teams to contribute news on Japan office achievements and highlights as part of on-going internal communications
- Functional reporting to Regional Marcom Director, APAC-META
- Local reporting to Japan Commercial Leader
- Japan Commercial and Client Solution team leaders and staff
- Japan HR Leader
- Virtual – region / global marketing and communications teams
Technical skills required
- Up to date on Japan relevant modern marketing approaches, industry association partnerships, PR, media, social media practices and tools
- Experienced in in-house PR activation: content development and writing, media pitch, established key media contacts
- Business-to-Business marketing concepts
- Proven experience in marketing campaign design, planning and execution management skills
- Understand sales and marketing funnel (contacts, leads, opportunities) and marketing automation tools
- Exposure to product marketing such as new product / solution launch marketing activities
- External vendor management (preparing marcom briefs, manage events, PR, marketing agencies)
- Strong proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, especially Powerpoint
- Knowledge of basic graphic design, infographics, desktop / publishing tools
- Familiarity with sales and marketing automation tools: e.g. Hubspot, Marketo, Eloqua, Adobe Campaign, Salesforce
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!