For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The GfK Marketing and Consumer Intelligence (MCI) team is looking for a new member to be accountable for our entire Qualitative business, leading Qualitative projects as well as driving new business opportunities across Northern, Central and Eastern Europe.
This role will have responsibility for the entire region which covers two larger markets (Germany and UK) as well as other key markets such as Russia, Poland, Austria, Switzerland and Nordics.
Qualitative research has been identified as a key growth inhibitor for the MCI business within the NCE region and is important to drive the future success of MCI. Additionally, this role is crucial in delivering against ambitious targets for our key-solutions GfK Brand Architect (Brand Health Measurement) and GfK Growth Architect (Segmentation).
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, ambitious, and strategic-minded Qualitative researcher who is confident in their abilities to drive the delivery of GfK’s regional Qualitative research offer. The role will be focused predominantly on enhancing our Quantitative research offering but would encompass Qualitative only projects for strategic clients as well.
This is a new role within GfK as currently we work with partners when integrating Qualitative research into our programs, but this approach is no longer sustainable to meet client requirements and our ambitions alike.
The role requires a high level of autonomy and ability to build relationships internally and with external suppliers. We would expect the ideal candidate to leverage their own global network of suppliers along the entire Qualitative delivery chain, i.e., from recruitment agencies to facilities, moderators, and software/digital tools.
This is a high-profile role with the successful candidate needing to demonstrate that they can ensure excellent proposal and project delivery in addition to building and delivering story led presentations in consultation with clients.
Working alongside an array of Quantitative GfK experts and specialists, the role will be instrumental in helping to deliver successful and highly valued consumer and brand insights to global household names across a range of industries and sectors.
Alongside this, there will also be an expectation to drive new business development by working alongside senior colleagues and commercial teams to respond to and deliver on new business opportunities and proposals both among existing and new clients.
The successful candidate will benefit from working in a close team environment as well as the opportunity to build strong relationships with clients.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Overall P&L responsibility for Qualitative business across the region NCE
- Responsible for smooth running of all stages of the Qualitative project setup to delivery by managing mainly GfK-external resources
- Responsible for developing, analysing, and delivering insightful Qualitative reports/presentations
- First point of contact for day-to-day client communications, developing strong ongoing relationships with clients
- Deepen existing client relationships to generate incremental business
- Consult with clients on business issues and GfK teams on Qualitative research design
- Identify growth opportunities by closely collaborating with Client Solutions and Sales teams across the region
- Develop compelling proposals with innovative Qualitative solutions to client problems. Leveraging their own global network of suppliers along the journey
- Develop GfK’s regional Qualitative offering based on evolving methodologies including neuroscience, big data, etc.
- Direct research teams during Qualitative project execution to ensure quality of results delivered to clients
- Strong experience in psychology and consumer neuroscience
- Thought-leader in this space (e.g., writing blog posts, articles, webinars, and conference papers) actively shaping GfK’s perception in the area of Qualitative research
- Experienced and highly creative in integrating Qualitative and Quantitative research as a concept (proposal stage) and based on insights (delivery/reporting stage)
- The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in DigiQual and be extremely digital savvy in general
- Delivering thought leadership
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!