You are on the global GfK website. Visit our local website for more offerings and information in your country.
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
In this position you are responsible for sales of the GfK Point of Sales (POS) data & Insights, Digital Ecosystems and Digital Consumer and Marketing Intelligence for key clients in the Tech & Durable Industry.
- You maintain and further develop a close relationship with a number of accounts and follow up in new leads of client development.
- You regularly communicate with global/regional team and make strategic discussions on business growth and build firm relationships with your client contacts and stakeholders and become their trusted advisor.
- The starting point for effective client engagement is always their Key Business Questions (KBQ).
- You are responsible for providing value-added solutions to solve KBQ and lead the entire process of solution proposal, execution, data analysis and consultation.
- You will work in a cross functional team, collaborating and succeeding with enthusiastic colleagues.
- You will report to Industry Sales Lead and the commercial director.
At the beginning you will receive several on the job trainings where you will learn among others about: GfK POS panel data solutions and tools, GfK Digital Ecosystem, Marketing and Consumer Intelligence Solutions around KBQ’s for lead generation, standard analysis of POS data…
As Account Manager you are a powerful personality with a lot of energy who is just one step ahead and is business driven. You dare to negotiate and ensure more sales, growth and profit at our largest clients. In addition, you are also able to generate new business, expand your network at all levels within an organization and you feel at home at events.
For our location in Amstelveen, we are looking for an enthusiastic and commercially minded person that strengthens our team.
As Account Manager, you will have following key accountabilities:
We will support you in getting a deep understanding of GfK’s POS Data and marketing solutions.
We will train and coach in developing ground comprehension of market dynamics and consumer trends.
Once ready we will guide you in leading the business growth and build strong relationship with clients, retailers, and stakeholders.
With your experience and knowledge you will provide actionable market insights to clients’ business issues.
For your customers we will ensure the right understanding so you will be able to practice consultative selling: you understand the wishes of the client, you penetrate to the underlying business issue and you make strategic account plans.
We will provide you with responsibility for the entire sales process; from identifying new sales opportunities to supervising pitches and negotiating new and existing contracts.
You will enjoy being sparring partner for Sales, Marketing and Management.
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Account Manager, what skills, qualifications, and experience should you have?
- HBO/WO level and minimum 5 years of relevant B2B sales experience.
Great knowledge of the Tech and Durables Categories (manufacturer or retailer experience)
- Great interpersonal skills used for consultative selling
- Strong commitment and self supporting attitude, but a great team player
- Strong data analysis skills and experiences such as data-driven market analysis.
- You are strong in relationship management and you have a natural benefit factor.
- Ability to quickly understand the clients’ organization and identify the right stakeholders.
- A strong sense for data interpretation and an interest in digital developments.
- Story telling skills for 2, 20 and 200 people in both Dutch and English.
- You preferably have a good understanding and usage of statistics, quantitative research and/or experience in the Tech & Durable Goods Industry.
Apply now! Become a member of the Industry Sales team!
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!