For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK Etilize is the largest product data provider in the world. We are building a next-generation PIM System which defines how we acquire, aggregate, normalize and syndication huge amount of data to different targets.
We are building platforms, tools and APIs using state-of-the-art technologies. This is a great opportunity for seasoned Java developers, quality assurance engineers & architects to become part of a great product development team and grow their careers by working on cutting-edge technologies and solve problems involving a huge amount of data, high availability and scalability in a distributed environment.
As a very experienced software quality professional, you may require to own certain parts of the products from quality aspect, manage small or bigger teams, contribute to design and oversee implementation related to testing. You must be a passionate software quality engineer who models the world, think in terms of design patterns and object-oriented design, functional programming, test-driven development are your second nature. You are used to working in agile teams delivering small, incremental improvements through continuous delivery pipelines. You are proud of the quality, security and robustness of the tests you write, and because you write your tests with an in-depth understanding of the execution environment these qualities translate to the systems you implement as well.
As an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Debug high-volume, low-latency, high performance applications which are highly available
- Own test and health status of product/projects being worked upon
- Write, design and develop automated functional test-cases, and preparation of test data in different frameworks and tools
- Support and coordinate business and QA aspects of software development activities, including requirement analysis and QA of applications
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Must be passionate for quality and possess a keen eye for designs and aesthetics.
- Work to test, analyze and improve product performance during development of software or applications.
- Indulge in research and development of new tools & technologies by evaluating their usefulness for the business
- Aggregate and formulate testing requirements
- Work with a mentor to learn and demonstrate constant progress towards the next level of the career ladder
As an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of commercial software testing experience
- Experience with containerization with Docker etc
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes
- Ability to work independently and must be self-driven.
- Must be passionate for quality and has a keen eye for designs and aesthetics
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Good understanding of web technologies, micro services, web-services and cloud based APIs.
- Experience in behavioral and test-driven development.
- Working experience in Core Java.
- Experience in test automation tools
- Experience in performance testing and tools
- Experience in REST APIs and web testing across multiple platforms
- Proficient in industry automation frameworks like Junit, TestNG, Xunit or comparable custom built frameworks
- Familiar with agile and other related tools (JIRA, Scum board, confluence)
- Working knowledge of Git / SVN
A list of tools & technologies we often work with (the list goes on):
Tools & Technologies:
- Selenium, Cucumber
- Test Complete
- Distributed micro services
- Git Working knowledge
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!