Adam Nicholson, Christina Borgardt
We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
GfK GeoMarketing is dealing with all kind of location-related business questions such as: Where are my customers? How much potential is there for my product line and where can I find it? What is an optimal location for my branch and where to find it?
We provide international market data such as purchasing power and socio-demographic data in various resolutions and bundle them with our Geomarketing expertise to Geo-Solutions for our clients.
GfK GeoMarketing is looking for a Research Specialist Geomarketing who likes to research data and model regional potential data but also likes to interpret and present the results to clients.
- Research, obtain and model spatial market data (socio-demographic data, Purchasing Power or regional potential data) in various resolutions up to street sections or grid cells, nationally and internationally, using R and GI-Software
- Modelling, analysis and interpretation of spatial data, company-specific data and statistical results and derivation of the necessary conclusions for the customers as well as preparation in reports and presentation
- Carry out projects with spatial and location-related issues together with customers and present the results
- Maintenance and further development of our internal automation tools in R
- Work together with our sales team in presentations and support the sales with content and explanation of the methodology in customer presentations
- Actively work in agile and interdisciplinary teams of experts with the further development of our methodological skills and our product and service portfolios
- University degree in the fields of social sciences or economics, geography, etc.
- First professional experience in the fields of Geomarketing or in data analysis desirable
- Knowledge of Economics and business administrative KPIs is a strong plus
- Knowledge of R (must-have), processing of geodata in R
- Experience in package maintenance is a plus
- Enthusiasm for location-related topics, ideally experience in Geomarketing analysis and location research
- Excellent expressive ability, written as well as oral
- Ability to reflect, interpret and present statistical results
- Prominent team ability
- Very good language skills in German and English, further language skills are desirable
We offer competitive core benefits as well additional benefits including*:
- Flexible working hours + Hybrid work model (min. x2 days p/w in office)
- 30 days of holidays + 24.12. & 31.12. off
- Pension Plan
- Health Management e.g. free sports courses, mental health programs, in house gym, company doctor
- Parent-and-child office, KiTa Cooperations, Summer Camps, etc.
- Comprehensive development, self-learning programs & opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Company Events, After Work, Lounges & Game Zones, Wellness Room and Massage Service
*depending on location
Don't meet every single requirement? Some people are less likely to apply unless they meet all the requirements listed in a job specification. GfK is looking for self-starters to join our innovative team keen to take on a new challenge. So, if you're excited about this role but your skills and experience don't align perfectly with every requirement we've listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!