Christina Borgardt, Pascal Kapahnke
We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
This role is a fixed term contract for 18 months.
As (Junior) Accountant (m/f/d) in Accounting Germany you will be responsible for the independent technical support and optimization of accounting processes. You will also be involved in project work and special tasks. The position includes the following main tasks in particular:
- Functional implementation and design of accounting processes with a focus on general ledger accounting as part of the monthly preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS and the German Commercial Code (HGB)
- Processing of special accounting tasks (e.g. valuation of financial assets, accounting for valuation units and derivatives)
- Preparation of work instructions and guidelines in coordination with various internal and external stakeholders
- Reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements regarding material and formal correctness and compliance with group guidelines
- Analysis and evaluation of financial statements
- Advising and supporting employees on accounting and financial reporting issues
- Project work on numerous organizational restructurings as well as on the digitalization of financial processes in an international context
You are an engaged as well as customer- and team-oriented personality. In addition to an independent and careful way of working, your strengths include good analytical skills and a strong understanding of numbers. You also have excellent communication skills at various management levels.
- Degree in economics with a focus on accounting; alternatively, a corresponding apprenticeship as an Accountant
- At least 1 - 2 years of relevant professional experience in the field of accounting and in particular in the preparation of annual financial statements and balance sheets as well as in accounting
- Good knowledge in accounting in general as well as in accounting according to HGB and IFRS
- Good knowledge in the use of ERP systems, in particular SAP-ERP (FI module)
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Very good knowledge of German
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!