United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
This role is an Internship in the Boston office for the fall semester.
This position will provide practical experience in a real-world environment with respect to the day-to-day responsibilities of a market research professional at GfK. By sitting side-by-side with an experienced market researcher, the intern will learn practical skills and have an opportunity to contribute directly to client projects and business issues.
• Quality control (data and tab checking, auditing data files, ensuring surveys meet specifications etc.)
• Schedule management
• Vendor management (communication of changes)
• Internal communication
• Process improvement
• Strong verbal communication and analytical skills and client service focus
• Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
• Ability to work independently and take direction from multiple project managers/directors
• Ability to consistently produce high quality work (strong attention to detail)
• Ability to create charts/presentations using Excel and PowerPoint - proficiency in preparation of high quality presentations incorporating visually appealing, high quality graphics and charts efficiently
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!