For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Reporting to our Global Finance Director - CTO/CPO Controlling also based in Nuremberg the Global Finance Controller IT and R&D provides key support and strategic input to ensure our CTO & CPO business units have clear guidance on cost management, ROI on IT investments and assurances around financial topics. The Global Finance Controller IT and R&D has a solid background in 'Tech' related cost-management, possess a keen awareness of related 'Tech' products and is able to interpret and communicate financial topics to a senior audience clearly and concisely.
- Good exposure in cost-management
- Is well-versed in implementing and developing strict measures related to cost management
- Knowledge of Products and IT-related investments and able to evaluate ROI for both type CPO and CTO orgs on new products
- Experience in working around areas of agile software development – linked to awareness around products and related financial topics
- Focus on new product developments and related finance topics
- Above can be more successful with someone with a background from Tech, ideally IT product development, IT startups, etc.
- Has worked/ open to working in environments of high volatility/ dynamism, peak times/ surges
- Able in governance and controls but is also able to roll up the sleeves and jump into everyday topics where needed
- Strong leadership skills, with capability to lead from the front
Additional Skills & Experience:
- At least 7 years experience in senior controlling roles
- University degree with Finance background
- Mindset: driving change, innovative, always looking for improvement, can deal with unstructured situations, goes extra mile, wants to understand business model in order to find best controlling approach
- Feels comfortable working in an agile environment
- Strong analytical skills, controlling expertise combined with business acumen
- Translates financial results into actionable measures to drive performance of Research & Development as well as IT Organisation
- Strong skills in communication, can talk to Top Management on eye level, presentation skills
- Skills in Excel, Powerpoint and ideally also in SAP ERP and BW
- Fluent in English
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!