United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company. We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people!
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches. The MRI-Simmons Insights Product is a consumer intelligence and discovery platform that provides marketers with faster access to actionable consumer insights.
The Director of Product Management is responsible for leading the delivery of cloud-based solutions in the data activation and enrichment space. Acting on customers’ stated needs, they will identify and build solutions that make MRI-Simmons and our clients’ data more actionable. Their role will span the life cycle of product, including discovery, concept iteration, design, documentation and execution. They will report directly into the VP, Product Management.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of how brands, publishers and advertising agencies use data to fuel insights and actionability. Additionally, they will have experience building innovative SaaS platforms with a strong backing in UX principles. They should value collaboration and possess a keen desire to have a direct impact on increasing the value of data in the product lifecycle.
The candidate must have hands-on skills conducting user research interviews, distilling the feedback into actionable solutions via lo- and hi- fidelity prototyping, writing product requirement documents and collaborating with engineering and marketing teams. The Product Management Director is a key driver in propelling the organization’s growth trajectory, thus it is critical they are able to quickly react to changing inputs and feedback to reach those strategic goals. The candidate will also have direct responsibility for evangelizing the existing product line by working closely with account management, product marketing, sales and other client facing teams.
They should have direct experience in the consumer insights or data analytics space and, ideally, automated tools. Additionally, they should have a deep understanding of the traditional and digital advertising ecosystem, including how 1st-, 2nd- and 3rd- party data drives audience activation and enrichment activities.
As the Director, Product Management, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Define and document product requirements for enhanced and net new development
- Ability to lead conversations with senior level partners (C-level) to discover and refine products and develop partner relationships
- Synthesize complex product ideas and execute the product roadmap based on market direction, user feedback and customer goals
- Monitor product development and work closely with product managers, engineering, and client facing teams to ensure product development is on track and ensure final outcomes meet user needs and business goals
- Analyze competitive product offerings and come up with differentiators and competitive positioning
- Conduct user interviews/tests for external/internal users and compile feedback into concise documents with recommendations for feature development
- Create wireframes and designs (within existing design guidelines) for applications sufficient to guide development of production applications
- Work closely with other product managers, product marketing, and corporate marketing to create collateral that accurately represents the value of new products and product extensions
Now that we have introduced you to the position of Director, Product Management, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- 5 or more years' experience building and leading cloud-based platform development
- Hands-on experience with UX design software
- Passion for solving real world challenges with user-centric solutions
- Experience working in Agile development environments
- In depth understanding of consumer insight needs for agencies and / or brand with a clear understanding of the advertising ecosystem, key stakeholders and monetization metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with media companies, agencies, marketers, traditional and digital research
- Some knowledge of consumer insights space, data driven marketing, and consumer surveys
Experience with a growth organization focused on culture and engagement All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!