For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Director Global Inside Sales
This role is critical in managing Global Inside Sales – professional sales team located in several sales hubs and remotely working on renewals and acquisition of midsize and small GfK clients across 12 countries in NCE, WSE, META and Americas. It offers distinguished area of responsibility, working in the high paced and high visibility environment with a diverse multicultural team, and multiple senior stakeholders. With direct and clear contribution to GfK strategic priorities.
Main areas of responsibility include the following:
Sales Management and Governance of an multi-national sales team covering 12 countries:
- Business steering: budget planning, forecasting, sales cadence and business reviews;
- Sales targets setting and incentive plans design
- Quarterly planning of sales campaigns and marketing activities
- Ongoing maintenance of the hunting list (customer segmentation) to ensure sufficient accounts for each sales person
- Ensuring high renewal and upsell rate, as well as incremental revenue with good ROI
- Reporting to internal key stakeholders on main KPIs, quarterly business reviews by country
- Ensuring professionalism of the sales team: regular assessment, onboarding and training
Project Management and Scaling:
- Communicating clear vision for the Global Inside Sales team and its development
- Maintaining target operating model, risk management and issues management
- Ensure efficient collaboration with involved countries and interfaces, manage escalations
- Collaborate with regions and senior stakeholders to evaluate options for further Inside Sales scaling and coordinate business cases for new countries (including costs, revenue expectations, success criteria, etc)
- Coordinate launches of the new countries/products including implementation, hyper care, onboarding of the country and required adjustments to the overall project
- Ensure cost efficiency and solid legal basis for collaboration with an external business partner
- Ensure quality of the service provided by the business partner
- Manage multi-national and multi-cultural team of direct reports, plus external team of sales managers and sales team leads based in different countries
- Management of people’s managers to ensure high retention and motivation on all levels
- Support career planning and personal development of the team members
- Maintain career path, incentive scheme and grading system for the sales team
Skills & Experience required
- Masters or Business Administration degree
- Experience in managing sales department/teams at least 5 years
- Experience in designing and execution of sales campaigns
- Sales compensation and career planning
- Excellent understanding of business processes, S&OP, P&L
- People management (Manager of managers, management of a virtual team is a plus)
- Leading global or multi-country projects
- Project/Program Management
- Experience in building/scaling sales projects
- Outsourcing experience is a plus
- Vendor management is a plus
- Strong focus on fast execution and “get things done” attitude, high sense of urgency
- Ability to build productive working relationship with multiple stakeholders from different cultures and seniority levels
- Fluent English
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!