For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Summary of Role
The Data Supply Manager role is based in London and is responsible for two teams, the London based Data In team, and the remote Field team.
The Data Supply manager is primarily responsible for ensuring that all data supplied from both our retail and independent partners is delivered on time and processed within the agreed schedules to a high standard.
- Improving speed, quality and usability of retailer data feeds, in line with GfK international standards, demonstrating improvements via KPI’s / metrics
- Recruitment, training, performance management, coaching and development of staff
- Cost effective resource management, meeting the budget set for the team
- Taking the Operations mission, blueprint and company strategy and translating this into SMART objectives for your team
- Identifying, measuring and reviewing key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive quality, ensuring that all KPIs are being achieved by the team
- Liaising with Finance Department and Suppliers for efficient handling of Purchase Orders and Invoices
- Build and maintain cross-functional productive relationships across the business, locally, offshore and globally, to ensure a high quality service to all stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Excellent customer focus, focusing on the customer needs and requirements in order to deliver excellent customer service
- Team spirit - co-operative and collaborative working with other team members, across functions and countries. The ability to develop strong working relationship with peers and other individuals across the business
- Desire for continuous improvement within the business and for both team and personal career development
- Team management and effectiveness, inspiring and fostering team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust.
- Staff coaching and development, encouraging the team to perform and contribute to GfK by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods. Drives culture and behaviors in the team through ongoing coaching and messaging
- Performance management and improvement, the ability to effectively improve work practices and the capabilities of the team, takes action to address performance issues
- Strategy, the ability to translate strategy into actionable objectives
- Communication, is able to communicate and present effectively at all levels both internally/externally.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!
GfK UK has committed to a net zero carbon emissions policy by 2026.