We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
As a Data Scientist you will deliver analytics on top of unique data sets using a state-of-the-art tech stack. A perfect playground for creative minds who have fun shaping things. You will work in a stable agile team delivering small, incremental improvements through continuous delivery pipelines. You will get the chance to advise internal and external clients in the field of Media Measurement, helping them to translate requirements into analytical solutions. You will do feasibility checks and put them on stage by productizing the work within our existing system landscape. Your colleagues are experienced Data Scientists and Engineers who will happily share their knowledge but are also keen to learn from your experience. Moreover, you will be part of the Global Data Science community, 80+ professionals in 4 countries, all ready to challenge and be challenged by your skills.
As Data Scientist you will have following main accountabilities:
- You own together with your team several of our Data Science solutions throughout the full life cycle (brainstorming, design, implementation, productization and maintenance)
- You develop solutions based on data science, stats and machine learning models
- You improve methods and tools. Contribute to our communities of practice in the area of Data Science
- Communicate with non-data scientists in Tech, Operations, Commercial, Product. Understand the domain and the requirements. Explain Data Science principles, concepts, algorithms, and approaches in simple words to different types of audiences
- Make data your best friends. Understand their strengths and use them. Be aware of their weaknesses and handle those in your solutions
- Screen the market for potential new Data Science approaches
- Foster knowledge exchange within the company. Present GfK's Data Science expertise at conferences and workshops
Now you know what a Data Scientist does. What skills, qualifications & experience do you need for this job?
- You typically have a Master's degree or PhD that reflects modeling and statistics skills and 4+ years of experience.
- You enjoy communicating complex methodology and technology to tech and non tech audiences
- You have expert statistical / machine learning modeling skills (e.g. statistical tests, classification, predictive modelling, handling of missing data, sampling, weighting)
- You have experience with an analytical programming language (Python, R) and the respective ecosystem
Besides the things we really expect you to have, there are some things which would be amazing if you have experience with them:
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments and tooling (especially AWS)
- Advanced software development skills (unit testing, CI/CD, Git)
- Basic skills regarding database handling as SQL
- Basic knowledge of the always evolving Data Science ecosystem and its frameworks
- A meaningful project, where you learn every day and show the team what you've got.
- The possibility to be part of a talented team, working with experienced individuals.
- A nice place to work, where we foster training, and personal development.
- Flex Office: a mix of remote and in-office work to boost our productivity and promote a healthy work-life balance
You will report into the Senior Data Scientist.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
Don't meet every single requirement? Some people are less likely to apply unless they meet all the requirements listed in a job specification. GfK is looking for self-starters to join our innovative team keen to take on a new challenge. So, if you're excited about this role but your skills and experience don't align perfectly with every requirement we've listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.