For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
- Develop Data Science solutions for implementation and standardization in Big Data environments
- Screen the market for potential new / innovative Data Science approaches
- Support the development of end to end analytical approaches based on product concepts
- Actively share Data Science knowledge within Technology and Data network
- Support the presentation of GfK’s Data Science capabilities in client-facing situations
- Support the creation of input for client proposals
- Support and coordinate Data Science related tasks for internal and external projects and work streams
- Create and improve methods and tools, and contribute to best practices in the area of Data Sciences
- Present GfK’s Data Sciences expertise at conferences and workshops
- Develop, implement and standardize Data Science solutions
- Design, develop and implement data science and machine learning models in proof-of-concepts and prototypes (e.g. notebooks, webapplications)
- Consult internal clients on Data Science related issues
- Foster Data Science related knowledge exchange within GfK
- Participate in Communities of Practice
- Support development of talent and organization of required trainings
- Solid knowledge of analytic programming languages (e.g., Python, R) and the respective tool ecosystem (R-Studio Server, Zeppelin, Jupyter)
- Solid skills with regard to working in Big Data environments (e.g., Cloudera Hadoop, Hortonworks Data Platform, AWS EMR, Map/Reduce, Hive)
- Solid knowledge of the constantly evolving Data Science ecosystem and its frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark MLlib, H2O, Tensorflow, Torch, Theano)
- Basic skills with regard to performance optimization and scalability (e.g., parallelization, code optimization, containerization, function as a service)
- Solid skills with regard to database handling, in particular SQL, NoSQL
- Expert statistical modeling skills (e.g, predictive models)
- Solid knowledge of optimization and / or machine learning algorithms and / or deep learning algoritms
- Basic understanding of Big Data Architectures
- Basic understanding of AI (i.e., principles, tools, areas of application)
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing environments and tooling (AWS, Azure)
- Expert skills in open data sourcing
- Basic skills in open source software sourcing (e.g., Apache, Anaconda, GitHub,…)
- Ability to think creatively in addressing analytical objectives
Ability to fluidly communicate in an English business environment
PhD or Master degree that reflects strong modeling, statistics and IT skills.
Typically 2+ years of work experience
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!