We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
You find high-quality solutions for the various spatial problems our clients are facing with innovative geographic data science tools. Equally, you constantly seek to improve and develop automated workflows for our product and service portfolio. You will, additionally, support our sales colleagues in terms of expert discussions, project acquisition and client presentations. And finally, you are a passionate R User who likes to share his/her knowledge with the team, and who stays up to date with recent advances in data science. Ideally, you are already contributing to the vibrant R community.
As a Data Scientist Geomarketing (m/f/d) at GfK, you will...
- manage and execute client projects indepedently in cooperation with internal and external business partners
- conceptualize, develop and calculate spatial data products for international markets at various geographical scales, e.g., for postcodes, grid cells and street segments
- optimize and automate data analysis and data production workflows and develop ideas and workflows for new innovative data products
- visualize intelligibly the output of spatial analyses for clients, colleagues and internal decision-makers
- adopt quickly new techniques, methods and trends, share your knowledge within and across our teams and integrate them into internal tools and routines, and into our data and service portfolios
- collaborate with our commercial teams in terms of client proposals, presentations and technical/analytical discussions
- expand and develop our development environments (Linux Servers running Posit Workbench and PostGIS databases) and internal R packages
Ideally, you will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- university degree (MSc, PhD) in geography, geoinformatics, statistics, business informatics, sociology, psychology, or similar with a strong focus on quantitative methods and techniques
- (advanced) skills regarding the automated (spatial) data analysis (statistical learning, data visualization, data management) using a programming language and or in combination with a GIS
- Knowledge regarding object-oriented programming, tidy data principles, the split-apply-combine approach, and Shiny dashboard development
- ability to critically reflect, interpret and present methods and analytical results
- clear commitment to teamwork and a high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- fluent in English; being able to communicate in German is aplus as well as the knowledge of other languages
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the field of Data Science
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!