We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
We are building end-to-end, data-driven products using high performance computing solutions on top of our own
big data environments that collect, pipeline, mine and aggregate data at petabyte-scale.
And we, the Global Data Science team, sit right there in the engine room, developing innovative and prescriptive
analytics solutions in an agile way, using our unique data assets. A perfect playground for creative minds who
have fun shaping things!
Our projects are challenging - so it's quite likely you need to leave your comfort zone to deliver compelling
solutions. Fortunately, we have a team of over 60 Scientist in Nuremberg, Warsaw and London with very diverse
backgrounds. So you'll always find someone who is able and happy to help. In our team, everybody is eager to
learn - and share!
We are a team of 80+ data scientist, 10+ on the ground in Warsaw . We work alongside Marketing Scientists in
global and regional teams across consumer panels. Our panels have been growing and developing constantly,
pleasant changes never end, hence some of our team members have been working for GfK for over 10 years!
As a Data Scientist in our Warsaw team, you will:
Be part of a cross-functional development team, providing guidance and vision to other data scientists, and
working hands-on with machine learning engineers, developers and client solution experts on delivering our end-
2-end analytic solutions that will make us the indispensable data and analytics partner for the durable goods and
technology industries. It will be your responsibility to work on the product functionalities, data/analytic/algorithmic
requirements, to conduct PoCs and at a later stage to work on high-performance implementations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and improve methods and tools and contribute to best practices in the area of Data Sciences
- Contribute to data science projects by developing and implementing data science & machine learning models that are reproducible, well documented and follow prescribed coding guidelines
- Create product driven data science solutions by closely collaborating with product manager/ owner OR Consult internal clients on Data Science related issues
- Participate in Communities of Practice
- Support the creation of input for client proposals
- Present GfK’s Data Sciences expertise at conferences and workshops
- Foster Data Science related knowledge exchange within GfK
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Data Scientist, what skills, qualifications and experience should
- Ability to fluidly communicate in an English business environment
- Typically 4+ years of work experience
- Solid knowledge of Python and the respective development tools/IDEs (e.g. Jupyter, PyCharm)
- Experience working with multiple data storage platforms (e.g. Hadoop components like HDFS, Hive or traditional DBMS) and the ability to access and extract data through optimized SQL queries
- lDeep knowledge of statistical concepts like weighting, Linear Regressions etc. and detailed understanding of more advanced modelling methods like Random forest etc.
- Expert statistical skills. Either in survey statistics (sampling, non-response adjustments, Bayesian statistics),or econometric modeling (program evaluation, forecasting, economic theory, panel data),or observational causal inference (potential outcomes, structural equation models, instrumental variables) or experimental design.
- Wide experience in working with GIT and with Unit Tests preparation
- Ability to work without supervision, help other team members with errors/ tool setup and constantly looking to learn and improve
Besides the things we really expect you to have, there are some things which would be amazing if you have
experience with them as well:
- PhD or Master degree that reflects strong statistical / mathematical / computer science skills
- Ability to think creatively in addressing analytical objectives
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Ability to estimate the complexity of a DS solution compared to value provided and inform project planning
- Proven client facing skills
- Knowledge of agile development frameworks (Scrum, SAFe)
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and
innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept
challenges and create solutions.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
Don't meet every single requirement? Some people are less likely to apply unless they meet all the requirements listed in a job specification. GfK is looking for self-starters to join our innovative team keen to take on a new challenge. So, if you're excited about this role but your skills and experience don't align perfectly with every requirement we've listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.