For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
- Develop end-to-end analytical products
- Work with GfK's Point of Sale / Media / third-party data to develop Data Science solutions for implementation and standardization in production environments.
- Screen the market for potential new / innovative Data Science approaches
- Represent GfK’s Data Science expertise at conferences and workshops
- Support the presentation of GfK’s Data Science capabilities in client-facing situations
- Create product driven Data Science solutions for our new prescriptive / AI flagship product by closely collaborating with product manager / owner
- Contribute to Data Science projects by developing and implementing Data Science & machine learning models that are reproducible, well documented, and follow
prescribed coding guidelines
- Participate in Communities of Practice
- Present GfK’s Data Science expertise at conferences and workshops
- Create and improve methods and tools and contribute to best practices in the area of Data Science
- Foster Data Science related knowledge exchange within GfK
- Master or PhD degree that reflects strong statistical / mathematical / computer
- Typically 2+ years of work experience
- Solid knowledge of optimization and / or machine learning algorithms and / or deep learning algorithms
- Very strong knowledge of statistical modeling and Data Science techniques (e.g., causal analysis, predictive modeling)
- Solid knowledge of Python and the respective development tools / IDEs (e.g. Jupyter, PyCharm)
- Expertise in the Marketing, Retail or Technology industry
- Solid experience and working knowledge of the constantly evolving Data Science ecosystem and popular machine learning frameworks
- Experience with common software engineering practices and framework (version control, testing, agile development / Scrum)
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments (e.g. GCP) and productionizing
machine learning models (e.g. expose as REST API, containerization, scalability,
- Ability to estimate the complexity of a Data Science solution compared to value provided and inform project planning
- Ability to work without supervision, help other team members with errors / tool setup and constantly strive to learn and improve
- Ability to think creatively in addressing analytical objectives
- Ability to fluidly communicate in an English business environment
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!