United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Data Supply Coordinator role is an operational role supporting the Point of Sale (POS) business. Key responsibilities include onboarding new data suppliers, client support, data evaluation, and oversight of the data supply process from setup through live production.
The Data Supply Coordinator will also take ownership of improving existing data supply content from a quality and speed perspective; as well as maintaining key data supply relationships and metadata information.
The Data Supply Coordinator is supported by the Data Supply Team at GfK’s Global Service Center (GSC). This team is responsible for ensuring that all data supplied from data providers is on time and processed within the agreed schedules to a high standard.
This role requires excellent technical skills and the ability to interrogate retailers’ databases or system to help them deliver complete and accurate data to GfK; a good client services approach, strong communication skills, and the ability to learn internal tools quickly. The individual should have the aptitude to work in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining high quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist data providers in the set up and regular supply of data
- Ensure GfK requirements are reviewed and understood by data providers
- Consult with data providers in the use of their internal tools to supply GfK with optimal data
- Use the relevant data management processes to set up a new data supply efficiently and accurately
- Ownership of the setup process from initiation to signoff involving the appropriate teams
- Ensure all new data provider set-up helpdesk ticket requests are handled efficiently and effectively
- Assess data quality of new data providers and offer advice on how to improve delivery and content
- Meet or exceed KPIs for data supply set up as well as speed and quality of ongoing data supply
- Work with GSC Data Supply team to ensure data is delivered and processed to agreed schedules and according to quality control processes
- Help the GSC Data Supply team to identify any processing problems and promptly correct
- Maintain all Data Supply documentation and best practices
- Work closely with the GSC Data Supply team to ensure they understand any new data suppliers, systems and processes that are introduced
- Contribute to and maintain effective filing on central GfK drives
- Become familiar with other operational tasks related to the POS business to provide team member support
- Customer Focus
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Drive Vision and Purpose
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of work-related experience
- High skill level within Microsoft office suite, particularly data manipulation within Excel and Access
- Good technical skills (ability to write and edit VBA macros desirable)
- A proven knowledge of Databases, Data Processing and data interrogation
- Ability to understand and analyze data
- Proven experience of learning new systems
- Data processing experience (desirable)
- Customer/client service skills with a proven ability to develop strong relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, including the ability to plan and manage own workload
- Systematic, logical approach to problem solving
- Logical thinker, able to dissect and resolve problems that arise
- Ability to find alternative solutions and make suggestions or improvements
- A “Can Do” attitude and a flexible approach to work is essential
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!