United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The primary role of the Consultant is to manage the day-to-day client relationship, ensuring client satisfaction and retention. The Consultant provides fact-based consultation to clients through the thoughtful analysis and presentation of various GfK global consumer databases. The Consultant is also client-facing, leading in-person presentations as well as potential industry speaking events.
This position requires awareness of current consumer trends in the marketplace across various categories, experience and comfort with data analysis, and strong narrative-building and communication skills.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Communicate trends and business insights to clients through presentations, reports and consulting utilizing various GfK databases and analytical tools. Manage project deadlines and delegate responsibilities as appropriate (utilizing help of analysts, interns, etc.).
- Present material to appropriate audiences – both in-person and via phone/webinar.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in the marketplace across various categories, through secondary sources outside of GfK databases.
How you will make an impact:
- Participate in questionnaire development to ensure questions are current and relevant to clients.
- Assist in business development through creation of proposals and accompanying sales staff on meetings with prospects, existing clients, etc.
- Engage with clients through multiple delivery channels -- phone, email, webinars and in-person consultations.
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within the market research industry.
- Proven experience delivering fact-based consulting and innovation to clients.
- Ability to articulate different business issues and leverage multiple databases to creatively solve client business challenges.
- Ability to engage large and small audiences in a thought-provoking/storytelling manner.
- Ability to foster long-term client relationships, deep understanding of clients’ business (across a diverse set of industries).
- Ability to identify new business opportunities among current and future clients and effectively communicate product value/competitive advantage, assist in writing compelling proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, marketing research, business, communications, psychology or related field.
What we offer:
- 401K Match
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Work life balance- Hybrid or Remote schedule
- Tuition Assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- 11 paid corporate Holidays
- Life / Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplier Discounts/ Plum Benefits partnership
At GFK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!