For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
At GfK we measure and generate valuable insights for our clients on what, where, who, why and how people buy products or services. Companies use these valuable insights to create & develop their short & long-term strategies. In order to be able to be there for our clients, we need a lot of YOU to give true meaning to our ‘WE’. Are you passionate about helping client, build partnerships and support their businesses? Do you love to help clients to understand their evolving markets?
Therefore, you are able to discover clients’ needs and translate those into GfK’s solutions & services.
As Account Manager you are a powerful personality with a lot of energy who is just one step ahead and is business driven. You can generate new business, expand your network at all levels within an organization and you feel at home at events.
For our location in Leuven, we are looking for an enthusiastic and commercially minded person that strengthens our team.
As Account Manager, you will have following key accountabilities:
- You create new business with new clients in all different sectors (DIY, consumer electronics, travel & hospitality, finance, tech & durable companies, marketing & communication agencies,…)
- You are an ambassador for Belgian clients towards the GfK global account manager, where you represent the local needs towards the international base of that companyµ
- You follow up on incoming requests and have conversations with (potential) clients about their challenges, goals & needs
- You organize external meetings with (potential) clients
- You setup (cold) calls with Marketing, CEO’s, Communication, Sales, Brand, Market research managers to introduce GfK
- You work closely with colleagues from client solution teams as team work is key
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Account Manager, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You have a master or bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience with sales, business development, account management, …
- You are not afraid of calling (potential) clients and to open new doors
- You can build client relationships, create partnership, identify opportunities & convert them
- You have very good & spontaneous communication skills orally & written in English, Dutch & French
- You are interested in digital platforms and you are able to promote & convince clients to get them on board
- You like challenges, sharing ideas, taking initiatives and to work towards targets as a team
- You are a good listener and an enthusiastic team player
- You are passionate about helping clients, build partnerships and support their businesses
We offer a welcoming workplace in the heart of Leuven at 10 minutes walking distance from the city center and the train station. You have the flexibility to work from home, the office and have external meetings at (potential) clients. We believe in a work hard, play hard mentality, we take care for our GfK family atmosphere with initiatives such as weekly fresh fruit, fresh soup during the winter, fruit salad in the summer, monthly bring-together initiatives/events. In addition, we are a socially active, ethical and honest company that provides an inclusive workplace for all.
Apply now and become a member of the GfK Sales team! Help us grow by growing together.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!