United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company. We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people!
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches. The MRI-Simmons Insights Product is a consumer intelligence and discovery platform that provides marketers with faster access to actionable consumer insights.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to grow within a successful division of MRI-Simmons, renown as the industry’s leading consumer insights provider.
As an Account Manager within our East Coast Agency Vertical, New York based sales team; you'll be tasked with growing partnerships with large media planning agencies, digital shops, Creative, Multi-cultural, and Strategic agencies in New York City, and along the East Coast. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide excellent client service, research and market analysis. Beginning with a list of existing clients, you will develop deep relationships and seek opportunities to help solve their media or marketing needs using our suite of premier products and industry leading solutions.
We’re looking for someone with drive and determination, who can be self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile and successfully assist in growing their existing client business. An out-of-the box thinker who can capitalize on new opportunities and thrive in a strong team-based environment. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a tremendous opportunity to raise their industry profile with an established industry leader, and a future pathway to sales or other area of this exciting company.
The position will be located in New York City and will require someone who is able to travel to clients, and work remotely as needed.
As the Account Manager, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Expertise in the full suite of MRI-Simmons products in order to provide first in class customer support.
- Develop positive, trusting, and collaborative relationships with clients by staying in regular contact and attending client meeting
- Coordinate Account updates, trainings, and reply to day to day questions, issues or opportunities.
- Communicate effectively with clients both written and orally and provide excellent customer support.
- Utilize MRI-Simmons data to align with the clients' strategies, identify new business opportunities, attend client meetings and deliver actionable insights.
- Knowing all there is to know about the client’s business, who their customers are and how our product offerings can aid them in servicing their client constituents.
- Develop insightful presentations and educate clients on current MRI-SIMMONS capabilities and resources.
- Prepare integrated research-based presentations and proposals, building new strategic approaches to our products and enhancing MRI’s reputation as a consultant and partner.
- Partner with Sales representatives to identify strategic business opportunities based on quantitative and qualitative industry insights combined with MRI data.
- Generate and grow agency business across our product lines, develop and cultivate deep relationships within accounts.
Now that we have introduced you to the position of Account Manager, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- Minimum 1-3 years working in market research (syndicated or custom) or experience within an agency or marketer
- Must have outstanding organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Excel at presenting and telling a story with data.
- Working knowledge of syndicated consumer data a plus.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Excellent business acumen, problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
- BA with a concentration in Communications, Marketing or Media.
Experience with a growth organization focused on culture and engagement All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!