United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is the leading provider of insights on the American consumer. We are one of the most respected authorities on consumer behavior and we are growing!
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented sales professional to grow within the brand team, which continues to drive meaningful growth.
As the Account Director, you'll be tasked with growing partnerships directly with brands. Our partners on the brand team represent the nation’s largest blue-chip brands.
We’re looking for someone with digital and data sales experience. The ideal candidate will be determined, self-motivated, and willing to go the extra mile while hunting for new business. We are looking for an out-of-the box thinker who can capitalize on new opportunities and thrive in a strong team-based environment. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a tremendous opportunity to raise their industry profile with an established industry leader.
The position will be located in either Chicago or New York City and will require someone who is able to travel to clients as needed.
The successful candidate should have experience as a consultative revenue driver with either market research or a media background.
As the Account Director, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Responsible for prospecting, networking, and developing new business opportunities in designated markets.
- Consult with clients and uncover how they currently use consumer insights and where the MRI-Simmons offerings might fill voids.
- Through a consultative approach, generate revenue and achieve annual goals by selling and upselling syndicated and custom solutions.
- Communicate effectively with clients both written and orally and provide excellent customer support.
- Negotiate annual or multi-year contracts and ensure maximum renewal rate.
- Develop insightful presentations and educate clients on current MRI-Simmons capabilities and resources.
- Develop and execute strategic sales plans for assigned territories and/or vertical industries. Regularly check in on progress on the plan with the head of brand sales.
Now that we have introduced you to the position of Account Director, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- Minimum 8 years selling market research (syndicated or custom) or experience within an agency or marketer
- Must have outstanding organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Excel at presenting and telling a story with data.
- Expertise in selling syndicated research products directly to brands
- Thorough understanding of the Digital Marketing ecosystem
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Strong Salesforce or similar CRM system skills
- BA with a concentration in Communications, Marketing or Media a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!