For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Work closely with local contacts to ensure production/ delivery processes are respected and provide the concept for developing applications to software developer vendor. Requirements analysis involves frequent communication with system users to determine specific feature expectations, resolution of conflict or ambiguity in requirements as demanded by the various users or groups of users.
As System Analyst you will have following key accountabilities:
- You uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- You can work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- You understand, research and follow technical trends in the industry and in general. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- You provide internal and customer training on how to use the product.
- You answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities.
- You assess and address technical risks
- You understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems.
- You serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- You coordinate beta tests.
- You define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- You facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- You understand and provide input on integrating certain applications into the larger GfK Enterprise Architecture.
- You participate in the regular review and prioritization of GfK systems projects
- You lead and / or participate in projects that aim to improve the processes, performance and quality
- You analyze business processes to suggest solutions around them
- You learn and utilize new technologies and how they integrate with GfK
- You manage the product backlog and prioritizing items – balancing business strategy, user needs and product vision
Now that we've introduced you to the position as System Analyst, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or equivalent
- You understand software development life-cycle
- You are analytical and detail-oriented, yet able to conceptualize end-state solutions
- You have a proven reporting and analytical skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of employees and management with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business users
- You have experience in working in an entrepreneurial/ innovative environment with strong multitasking skills
- You work easily in a diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- You are fluent in English
- You are able to manage projects and teams using agile management technologies such as Jira, Confluence is a plus
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!