For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Storage Infrastructure Engineer
As a Storage Infrastructure Engineer you will implement all necessary operative tasks to guarantee maintenance of operation. Part of the role is also to troubleshoot and design storage environments and increase the level of automation. You will run applications, services, platforms and network to deliver promised service portfolio according SLAs.You will have the opportunity to use your knowledge and skills for the integration of Cloud solutions with on-premises infrastructure. Last, but not least, your work will be organized based on ITIL principles and you will work in a dynamic environment applying agile methodology.
We are looking for an IT professional with experience in storage to join GfK’s IT Services team in Sofia. The team is part of a large and diverse global structure of IT hubs, located in Bulgaria, Germany, UK and Malaysia.
As an Infrastructure Engineer-Storage you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Work on the complete spectrum of service delivery: communicating with internal customers, design new solutions, planning work steps, HW support, provisioning of storage, configuring customer access level of storage, working together with all involved teams
- Be responsible for incident resolution and incident management
- Implement changes and change management
- Document all executed tasks in a ticket tool and CMDB
- Proactive capacity and performance management of systems and system components
- Ensure global IT support based on follow-the-sun organization as well as 24/7 on-call-duty (one week per 2 months)
Now that you know what an Infrastructure Engineer-Storage does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- 4+ years of working experience in IT, at least 3 of them in Storage and Backup administration
- Knowledge/ experience with ITIL framework and agile methodology for planning and implementation of projects / new designs
- Cooperative and team-oriented personality
- Fluency in English
- IT related education
- EMC file service products, especially ISILON
- VMware vSAN
- EMC block storage products, especially VMAX and Unity
- Certifications on above mentioned
It would be a great addition if you have knowledge in:
- AWS S3
- SDS (Ceph)
- IBM SVC
- FC SAN Infrastructure
- VMware vRA, vRO
- Ansible, Terraform
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors (+ Sodexo Andjoy plan Active preferences)
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Variety of sport activities such as football and traditional Bulgarian dances
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!