For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK Media Measurement (MM) Hub is a centralized data processing and analytics department located in Sofia and part of the GfK Global Service Center (GSC). The main activities of the department include data production for classic and digital media measurement products in multiple global and local markets. The Hub provides services like data monitoring, data coding, data processing, query and analysis using various technologies and tools (e.g. Hadoop, AWS, SQL, Python, R, SPSS, Excel, etc.). Along with the end-to-end data production and monitoring, the Hub also supports the research and data analytics for various digital standard and ad-hoc products, as well as supports the GfK in-house software development and data automations.
The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) works as part of an agile development team but its focus is building and operating the infrastructure on which the applications run. The SRE role combines elements of traditional systems administration with up to date skills in technologies such as cloud, configuration management, containers and deployment automation. The difference between an SRE and a traditional 'system administrator' is that an SRE will use many of the same tools as the software engineers such as source control and writing software to automate the infrastructure. Using these 'infrastructure as code' principles saves time on repetitive tasks and negates the need for manual changes.
As Site Reliability Engineer you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Support Agile development teams and the Hub operations by building and maintaining a reliable infrastructure
- Ensure that the infrastructure and applications are appropriately monitored
- Troubleshoot issues with servers or other infrastructure as required
- Provision cloud infrastructure (AWS) using automation (use tools such as Terraform)
- Provision applications using configuration management (use tools such as Puppet)
- Ensure that critical data is backed up and data restores are regularly tested
- Configure the monitoring systems for fine grained metrics and actionable alerting
- Document what has been built so that it is supportable
- Ensure data is encrypted when necessary
- Support the infrastructure architecture development
Now that you know what Site Reliability Engineer does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Minimum 1 year relevant work experience (Linux administration, cloud systems architecture or infrastructure automation programming)
- Excellent Linux administration skills and understanding of networking and TCP/IP
- Experience with AWS and Terraform
- Experience with monitoring, log aggregation and alerting tooling (e.g. Cloudwatch, ELK)
- Proven skills in a Configuration Management tool (we use Puppet)
- Good knowledge in MySQL / SQL query language
- Knowledge in CI/CD pipelines and tooling, such as Bamboo
- Knowledge in automation programming languages such as Python or bash
- Fluent level of English language, both written and spoken
It would be a great addition if you have experience or knowledge in:
- Big data technologies such as Hadoop, HDFS, Spark
- SAFe / Agile methodology as well as experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Docker and preferably Kubernetes
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors (+ Sodexo Andjoy plan Active preferences)
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Variety of sport activities such as football and traditional Bulgarian dances
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!