For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
- You are an experienced senior Architect/Engineer with a passion for delivering elegant and simple solutions to business problems of varying complexity
- You are a natural problem solver and are willing to get involved in various aspects of product delivery
- You're a self-starter and you love keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in cloud-native technologies
- You thrive in a collaborative DevOps culture and you love to work as part of a cross-functional agile product delivery team alongside developers, data scientists, product owners and technical architects
- You are approachable and willing to support and mentor your junior/mid-level colleagues
You will be:
- Influencing architectural decisions with focus on security, scalability, cost-optimisation, performance and extensibility of the solution
- Part of our Scalable Services delivery team whose purpose is to extend and optimise the capabilities of the Client Platform
- Taking care of the sustainability and communication of your solutions
- Evolving the product/platform in order to deliver on business objectives
- Working with stakeholders to manage trade-offs between tactical and strategic solutions and aligning your solutions with regards to technical and product roadmaps
- An understanding of cross-functional security concerns such as Authorisation and Authentication (specifically in relation to OAuth 2.0, Auth0, OPA)
- A strong understanding of Cloud concepts (ideally GCP)
- Experience at all levels of the technology stack and all aspects of SDLC
- Experience in Market Intelligence software, or the ability to quickly comprehend new complex business domains
- Product engineering hands-on experience with the 12 factor app methodology
- The willingness to have a perspective with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to complement it
- A propensity to value simplicity and stepwise change
- Experience in connecting disparate systems and data
- The ability to deal with ambiguity productively
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!