For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Market research is the original data driven business. Incubated and spun-off from a university, we have earned the trust of the world´s biggest companies and leading brands - for more than 80 years. Today, everything at GfK starts and ends with Data and Science
We are proud of our heritage – and our future: Currently we're on a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by cutting edge technology. In our Technology & Data organization, we are responsible for the entire lifecycle of our data-driven products.
You still think Market Research is about questionnaires aggregated with Excel?
Wrong! For our tracking business, software engineering is not only an enabler, but its DNA: Here we process and harmonize data of 15 Million products of 425.000 shopping outlets worldwide. One of the finest business intelligence engines provides customers with millions of reports and continuous online analytics.
Hundreds of Terabytes raw data per year, high-end server technology including several Superdomes servers with thousands of CPU cores to process up to 40b fact records for analytics is our daily business. And we are growing by 20-30% per year.
This is only possible with extraordinary people.
And that's why we are looking for YOU! A passionate Senior Software Engineers – .Net (m/f/d).
As Senior Software Engineers, we are part of the Market Insights division and focus on maintaining and developing scalable and re-usable test automation solutions at enterprise scale. Now we are looking for you - a passionate hands-on engineer who is greedy for coding in highly complex software quality automation system.
The Software Engineer - .Net will be a part of core quality automaton team which supports and enhance the WPF/AngularJs automation applications to test the diversified applications across different projects.
You will be…
- Enjoy designing and implementing backend and web applications for our internal clients
- Enjoy developing applications with well-defined APIs
- Maintain our existing applications
- Analyze and eliminate performance bottlenecks in our applications
- Analyze and resolve application issues
- Take care of software quality and standards in software engineering
- Implement solid CICD pipeline using latest tools.
- Diploma in Computer-Science or comparable working experience
- 5+ years relevant job experience in software development
- Advanced skills in .NET, C#
- Experience on WPF applications / MVC and MVVM pattern
- Experience writing well designed RESTful APIs
- Experience with Source control like TFS,Git.
- Experience with CICD systems like jenkins, Octubus.
- Working Experience with SQL Databases.
- Working knowledge in object oriented modelling and design.
Considered a plus:
- Experience in Selenium and Ranorex.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies
- TDD and BDD experience.
On top, your English communication skills are great, you are a team-player and tech-obsessed, always on the hunt for the latest and hottest shots!
Why else GfK?
- Any advantages of a Global Player combined with an agile start-up atmosphere
- Annual budget to attend development programs and conferences
- Free language classes
- 30 days holiday per year (plus 24.12 / 31.12.)
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home
- Occupational pensions
- Group accident insurance also for private life
- Sports and health management
- Childcare during the summer holidays
- 5 days paid leave for each child sickness
- Subsidized canteen / meals and free coffee/water
- Visa sponsorship and relocation service to help anyone moving from abroad
Our doors in our newly built open-concept office space are open for everyone and we are free of stereotyped thinking. The power of our team grows with the variety of individual perspectives and that’s why we need YOU!
Let’s design and shape our exciting future together. Right here. Right now. Together!
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!