United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Senior Research Director works alongside Senior Management, playing a key leadership role for the Redmond team and a key role in managing our client relationship. This individual manages a team of researchers responsible, who are responsible for revenue. The SRD provides senior level support and guides the team in up leveling insights and providing strategic guidance to our clients. The Senior Research Director for this role should expect to be involved in a wide range of projects, including complex cross-portfolio analysis and research on research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure overall client satisfaction and manage client relationships
• Build and maintain a role as trusted advisor and strategic partner with clients
• Maintain a role as mentor and leader to a group of smart, driven researchers
• Serve as a career mentor, coach and direct manager for more junior staff both on projects and for general career development
• Maintain a continued drive toward quality
• Demonstrate an ability to translate Data to Insights to Recommendations
• Lead work to define and implement changes to research process flows as necessary to meet business and end user needs
• Own day-to-day client account management, in addition to the day-to-day management of internal team
• Must be able to present findings in a compelling story focused on answering key client business objectives
Experience and Skills:
• A minimum of 10 years within the Market Research industry
• Demonstrated success building trusted relationships with clients and internal teams • Strong analytic skills with proven ability to contribute to methodology improvements
• Outstanding client management skills; outstanding project management skills; excellent understanding of data analysis tools and techniques
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and analytical skills
• Experience in the technology industry a plus
Undergraduate degree in marketing, social sciences, or other related field, ideally with a quantitative emphasis on statistics or research methods
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!