For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Senior Product Analyst will support the Product and Tech organizations to gain a greater understanding of product performance and deliver insightful data and analysis on how GFK clients interact and use digital products. The goal of your analyses will be to drive better product and business decisions.
- Partner with Product Management to provide insights on how clients are using our digital products and translate data into meaningful interpretations and recommendations
- Help build and define reporting and insights processes for our core product teams
- Communicate insights and metrics to senior stakeholders on a regular basis
- Test the efficacy of new product releases and features and identify existing ones that need improving/changing.
- Guide product strategy and prioritisation for future builds
- Work with the Engineering teams who creates data pipelines to ensure proper dimensions and metrics are captured and made accessible.
- Act as thought partner to produce insights and metrics for various technical and business stakeholders to support Product and Commercial decisions.
- Some travel to our mainland European offices may be required (estimates less than 1wk per quarter)
- In this role, you will work collaboratively with Product Management, Finance, Engineering, UX and Data Science teams.
Technical skills and competencies required
- Advanced SQL skills and experience querying data warehouses
- Experience using Web Analytics tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel…
- Quantitative modelling using spreadsheet and analytical techniques, including trend analysis, forecasting, and experiment design
- Data visualization experience using Tableau, PowerBI or similar
- Nice to have: Familiarity with using R/Python
- Nice to have: Familiarity with Web tracking events
Typical Education and Work Experience required
- Relevant work experience in an analytical role, ideally within a tech company or consultancy
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field such Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, etc… Postgrad degree a plus
Soft Skills Required
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong critical thinker who can disentangle messy problems and identify core ones
- Ability to multi-task and engage a range of senior stakeholders
- Proactive self-starter who requires little supervision to identify and act upon opportunities to achieve overarching goals
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!