For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
About this role
The Insights & Foresights team is a recently formed, agile team under CPO that operates on global level and has a critical role in transforming GfK’s business through leveraging understanding of our clients, benchmarking our competition, and keeping an eye on future trends.
We are looking for an inquisitive mind who enjoys uncovering thought-provoking insights in unstructured qual/quant data and loves to inform and inspire others to come up with better ideas and make better decisions.
You will thrive in this role if you enjoy working:
- in a less structured, fast-paced environment with lots of space for invention and creativity,
- across multiple cultures and departments,
- on a number of long-term and short-term projects simultaneously, some of them of high strategic priority and impact, some more tactical,
- if you tend to use data and insights instead of opinions and formal authority,
- and if you are an entrepreneur at heart – some of our team’s initiatives have very little to do with business as usual (virtual dinners with clients, innovation labs)
- You will work closely with our internal clients from across digital product development, marketing, commercial teams and top management to help them make more confident decisions to innovate and grow our business.
- Success in the role will be determined by your ability to empathize with internal clients’ needs, understand changing priorities, and develop trusting relationships across the company.
- Your days will be filled with research (qual/quant/desk research), consulting, and insight activation sessions that fuel our innovation pipeline, the prioritization of digital product roadmaps, and overall business / product strategy.
- The Insights & Foresights team is spread across various locations, advocating for diversity and open to flexible working arrangements.
- Combining our understanding of our clients, their needs, wants and challenges, our knowledge about competitors and trends, service our internal clients with actionable, directional insights that help them make better decisions to innovate and grow our business.
- Work on long-term initiatives with high strategic priority and impact, while simultaneously reacting to more tactical, time sensitive insight needs.
- For each project/ initiative, collate, analyze, consolidate, socialize & activate relevant data/insights. This may include primary qualitative and quantitative research: be ready to write a discussion guide as well as a survey questionnaire, be ready to draw actionable insights from desk research, primary qualitative research, and surveys.
- Lead competitive intelligence knowledge management & knowledge sharing (clients, competitors, trends)
- Lead competitive intelligence activation - this includes developing a systematic approach, framework and exercises for insights activation / co-creation / brainstorming sessions.
- Strong analytical & creative problem-solving skills, ability to turn data into inspiring & thought-provoking stories
- Background in research, strategy and/or business consulting
- Ability to translate questions/requests from diverse teams (product, tech, marketing, sales, portfolio, top management) into testable hypotheses and research project designs
- Ability to contribute to answering business/product questions with available data
- Understanding of the business we are in (market research, retail intelligence, FMCG, tech & durables manufacturing) and the business we are growing into (BI, analytics, consulting)
- Curiosity, hands on attitude, experimental mindset, bias towards action, agile, fast and flexible, independent self-starter
- Background in innovation consulting
- Experience with applied human-centered design thinking
- Experience working with digital/AI-enabled product teams
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!