For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
- Support the development of end to end analytical approaches based on product concepts
- You will work with GfK's Point of Sale / Media / third-party data to develop Data Science solutions for implementation and standardization in production environments. Prior experience in pricing, revenue assurance, media consumption patterns is valuable but not mandatory
- Lead Data Science projects by breaking down and estimating tasks and coordinating and guiding team members
- Actively share Data Science knowledge within the tech organization
- Screen the market for potential new / innovative Data Science approaches
- Represent GfK’s Data Science expertise at conferences and workshops
- Lead data science projects by identifying and removing bottlenecks, provide guidance by developing proof-of-concepts and ensure quality by adherence to coding guidelines, documentation and reproducibility
- Create product driven data science solutions for our new prescriptive/AI flagship product by closely collaborating with product manager/ owner
- Consult external and internal clients on Data Science related issues
- Take ownership for data science projects with focus on the methodology (HOW) and putting in place processes for decision making & reporting project progress
- Support the personal development of members of the data science team by acting as a mentor and providing necessary guidance & experiential knowledge
- Identify best practices and create and lead the continuous improvement of tools and methods in the area of Data Science
- Lead or participate in internal Communities of Practice
- Present GfK’s Data Sciences expertise at conferences and workshops
- Foster Data Science related knowledge exchange within GfK
Experience and essential skills
- Master or PhD that reflects strong statistical / mathematical / computer science skills.
- Typically 5+ years of work experience
- Expert statistical skills. Either in survey statistics (sampling, non-response adjustments, Bayesian statistics), or econometric modeling (program evaluation, forecasting, economic theory, panel data), or observational causal inference (potential outcomes, structural equation models, instrumental variables) or experimental design.
- Expert knowledge of an analytic programming languages (e.g., Python, R) and the respective development tools/IDEs (e.g. Jupyter, PyCharm, R-Studio, Shiny)
- Experience and knowledge of multiple data storage platforms (e.g. Hadoop components like HDFS, Hive or traditional DBMS) and the ability to access and extract data (e.g. through optimized SQL queries)
- Expert knowledge of the constantly evolving Data Science ecosystem and popular machine learning frameworks (e.g. scikit, H2O, Tensorflow, PyTorch)
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, GCP) with the ability to productionize machine learning models (e.g. expose as REST API, containerization, scalability, performance optimization)
- Knowledge of agile development frameworks (Scrum, SAFe, )
- Ability to think creatively in addressing analytical objectives
- Ability to translate and clearly communicate sophisticated analytical information to non-expert stakeholders and clients
- Act as a positive role model for the team by having a positive attitude and proactive approach while being approachable team player
- Already worked in leadership/mentoring positions or have the passion and ability to do so
- Ability to fluidly communicate in an English business environment
- Experience with client facing would be a plus
You'll be looked after by Romain, who is an experienced Data Scientist with 11+ years spent implementing ML algorithms in diverse domain. As your chapter lead, he will focus on your development and career growth within GfK.
Romain is French, however doesn't avoid "clichés", so feel free to reach him about fine food.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!