For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing measures to manage data use in compliance with the GDPR, including implementing templates for data collection and assisting with data mapping, especially in the media measurement area.
- Serving as the primary point of contact and liaison for the Media Measurement team. Collaborating to review media measurement projects and related data to ensure compliance with data privacy laws, and where necessary, advising on and monitoring data protection privacy impact assessments.
- Reviewing vendor contracts (including EU model clauses) and consents needed to implement media measurement projects in partnership with GfK’s Information Security functions.
- Developing and delivering privacy training to internal stakeholders and collaborating with the Information Security functions to raise employee awareness of data privacy and security issues, and providing training on the subject matter.
- Collaborating with the Information Security function to maintain records of all data assets and exports, and maintaining a data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents including impact assessments, security breach response, complaints, claims or notifications.
- Law degree or post-graduate legal qualification required. Hold at least one data protection and/or privacy certification, such as CIPP /E and/or CIPT.
- 3-5 years’ experience in data protection topics in Europe with strong knowledge of EU data privacy and data protection regulations.
- Sufficient knowledge of information technology and data management systems required. Experience in media measurement technologies preferred.
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organisational levels of GfK.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Strong change and project management skills, including the ability to manage time well, prioritise effectively and handle multiple deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion.
- Fluent English and German is required.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!