For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
SAP Basis & Authorization Senior specialist
Technical SAP Basis Lead for all Finance related applications like SAP ERP, SAP SRM, Kofax, SAP BW on HANA, Tagetik plus smaller applications.
Technical Lead for SAP Authorizations & Security.
Summary / Overview Responsibilities:
The SAP Basis lead has the responsibility for all technical basis topics within the finance Domain. He is responsible that all Finance related Applications and connections are technically working and are up to date.
He works together with the Solution Architect, Business and Product Owners to align on the technical needs. He makes sure, that the landscape is always technically up to date and define together with a technical architect the roadmap. He also takes over the ownership for the systems lifecycle management and security along with the hosting service provider. Provides guidance to the external SAP basis support team.
He is also the lead for the SAP systems security being responsible for the roles and authorizations design and maintenance as a point of contact from the application owners’ side and provide support.
- Technical lead and responsible for all SAP basis topics for Finance related applications (currently mainly SAP applications like ERP, SRM, BW on HANA) but also non-SAP applications like Tagetik, Kofax, Portal.
- Coordinating the release management, interfaces to other domains, integration within the domain
- Manage the overall Finance landscape, manage the SAP Basis external resources
- Provide expert advice, and counsel to IT teams, business, management and project teams on relevant topics
- Control and coordination of the external service provider for SAP basis operations, including planning and testing the concepts of technical projects, coordination and monitoring of maintenance activities, assistance with error analysis and correction
- Analyzing the technology environment, finding the best tech solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems
- Responsibility for Design, implementation and support of SAP Authorizations and Security processes across multiple modules, platforms, solutions
- Supporting and advising the business organization in questions or topics related to the application landscape, functionalities and architecture of the finance systems
- Academic degree in related IT field or a comparable qualification
- Experience in SAP basis (5+ years)
- Experience in SAP Authorizations (3+ years)
- People Management and proven leadership qualities
- Experience in management of external service providers
- Good coordination and structured way of working
- Work in international environment
- Written and spoken English is essential, German is nice to have
- Good communication and written skills
- Proactive and excellent communications skills
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!