United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company. We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people! The innovative private equity firm, Symphony Technology Partners, also backs us.
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches.
The Research Associate position on the Digital Research Operations team offers a unique opportunity to assist on a wide variety of digital syndicated survey operations tasks, for current high-profile studies as well as for exciting experimental research projects. Strong detail-orientation, logic/critical thinking skills, and comfort with digital/online survey environments are critical. We are looking for someone who is willing and excited to learn, and then will proactively take it upon themselves to become the "expert" at what they do.
As Research Associate, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Assist with updating/maintaining digital survey programming, fielding schedules, fielding process docs
- Perform extensive quality control testing for various digital surveys, survey systems, and devices/software
- Assist with Sample Management and Quality Checks for various survey formats
- Proof various programming documents, testing protocols, and other materials
- Assist with digital help desk ticket management and troubleshooting
- Creation and Maintenance of Fielding Reports, Data Reports, Reportal Pages and Data Auditing tasks
- Process Privacy Request Forms within our Sample Management System and Field Management Systems and maintain data integrity standards
- Assist with the creation of cross wave cross project data analysis
- Assist with creation and maintenance of Project Definition Documents and Requirements Documents
- Help with various other ad-hoc tasks
Now that we have introduced you to the position as Research Associate, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- 1-2 years' experience working for a market research provider and/or with digital surveys is a plus
- Super detail-oriented… no error will get past you!
- Strong logic/critical thinking skills… puzzle lovers unite!
- Well-organized, with good project management skills… hooray for schedules & to-do lists!
- Must be comfortable and confident in learning/working in digital survey & digital systems environments
- Experience dealing directly with clients/vendors is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated curiosity or self-starter mindset
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic HTML or other programming language skills a plus
- BA/BS in Psychology, Social Sciences, Business, Math, Market Research, Marketing, and other disciplines considered
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!