For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
We are looking for You, a Principal Designer - Research; to support product development and proposition/concept evaluation. You might have been called a user researcher, UX researcher, design researcher or some other combination but in this role you will be empowered to create our user research function within our Design org, designing, implementing and leading your newly created team to ensure we have relevant and high quality user insights, so that our client platform product concepts, features and propositions can be effectively designed, validated and prototyped using the appropriate methodology, processes & tools.
We’re looking for someone to hit the ground running and quickly build out our research function and produce impactful results. With this in mind, we’d like you to have some (or all!) of the following:
- Proven experience in research roles, preferably at business focused (or B2B) companies, with expertise in qualitative methods and specifically identifying people’s problems and needs.
- Hold a qualification in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science or a related field.
- Comfortable with planning, prioritizing, conducting, analyzing and communicating research including leading research streams in a zero to one space.
- Familiar with quantitative research methods, utilizing metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative data.
- Able to think outside the box, navigate through roadblocks in your way, experienced with using a variety of different research and validation techniques (guerrilla or not) to access users and get the answers you need
- Experience leading a research function, and ideally a team, to bring about cultural change and act as an advocate for evidence-based product development
- Excellent communication skills, able to clearly articulate concepts, insights and user needs so they are understood by Design and non-Design team members
- Strong persuasion and relationship building skills to influence others without authority and encourage collaboration between stakeholders
- Demonstrates patience and resilience in dealings with others, effectively resolves differences independently without damaging relationships
- Advanced presentation, able to present ideas/concepts to stakeholders with clarity and confidence and obtain high quality outputs from collaborative tasks
- Excellent self-organisation and ability to plan own work, and work of the team, in line with department priorities
- Proactively contributes to conversations about best practice and approach, identifying and acting on opportunities to improve team performance and structure. Defines success measures for own work and direct reports, contributing to broader team planning when required
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!