For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Online retail is one of the most dynamic and exciting areas of retail currently in Asia. GfK work with many of the largest players to help them understand the external market and their own performance. This role will play a crucial role in supporting some of the largest e-commerce retailers with insight and information, as well as engaging new players to find better ways of working together.
You will bring a new and exciting perspective to the team with an understanding of the e-commerce ecosystem and a desire to create and present meaningful and actionable insight. You will have a drive to open new doors in this ever-changing environment and be agile enough to adapt quickly when needed.
Reporting to the APAC Retail Head you will have the opportunity to drive our engagement with the e-commerce retailers higher and deeper than before and be exposed to ways of working both from within GfK and within our e-commerce retail partners.”
- Shows understanding of online retailing and creates opportunities to engage with them.
- Develops an offering using GfK solutions which is attractive to online retailers to aid recruitment and engagement
- Provides thought leadership to engage online retailers
- Supports local retail teams, in person where required, to recruit online retailers
- Provides support in preparing offers and contracts
- Works with Operations to facilitate production of online data
- Is responsible for data analysis and report writing – looking for trends in data and preparing graphic reports with basic commentary and analytical insights/commentary
- Demonstrates consistent ability to ensure high levels of control and accuracy checks for data outputs and data inputs with minimal supervision
- Creates impactful presentations
- Presents presentations confidently to mid level management at clients, typically jointly with more senior colleagues
- Is responsible for handling of data requests and queries from set list of clients/retailers in the country
- Consults existing clients to intensify the client relationship
- Provides support in acquiring new clients / retailer within the country
- Provides training to clients on GfK systems
- CC colleagues within the country
- Set list of retailers across the region
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced level of understanding of industry terminology, clients, products
- Work experience and established network in various CC relevant areas like data-in, retail services and multiple industries, mainly nationally but also internationally, might also be gained outside GfK
- Typically at a minimum two years of work experience in market research / marketing environment
- Advanced in MS Office
- Advanced knowledge of CC Product Portfolio and Market
- Advanced knowledge of GfK Systems and standard terms
- Basic knowledge in statistics
- Advanced/expert level in English
- Advanced in analysis and presentation skills (creation and presentation)
- Basic in Fact Based Consultancy / Story Telling / Negotiation & Influencing
- Advanced presentation skills
- Basic in Project Management
- Advanced in Retail Audit Methodology and on universe and sample
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!