For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager who will be a part of the South Africa Client Solution Marketing Intelligence Team. Business Development Manager is a role, combining aspects of sales and marketing, as well as market research responsibilities.
Candidates will have accomplished skills in client solutions and data analysis. They will also have exemplary client servicing skills, as well as selling, account development, and product management abilities.
As Business Development Manager you will have following key accountabilities:
- You identify potential client groups – from manufacturers to untapped/non-conventional clients and share the updated list to ISAMs regularly
- You Identify key business questions from different potential client group, and collaborate with MI product experts, and AMs/ISAMs for building right solution/offer to them.
- You write whitepapers which contain latest key topics in the industry with linkage of our solution and attend in the call/meetings to client with AMs/ISAMs
- You explore opportunities how we appeal our products in adjacent categories and maximize our secured asset. E.g. Delivery companies, Credit Card Company for Online channels
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Business Development Manager, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You have min Bachelor’s / Master’s degree, or equivalent experience
- You worked in an analytical role for 2 ~3 years
- You have experience in sales & business development
- You have profound work experience and established network in retail services and multiple industries, ideally including an assignment abroad
- You are client oriented and willingness to go the extra mile
- You have a natural ability to build and maintain long-term customer relationships
- You are an expert on negotiation & influencing
- You are expert on reporting and presentation skills
- You have proven story-telling capabilities and a creative mindset
- You are Expert in Retail Audit Methodology and on universe and sample
- You are an agile mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!