For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Work closely with local contacts to ensure production/ delivery processes are respected and provide the concept for developing applications to software
developer vendors. Requirements analysis involves frequent communication with system users to determine specific feature expectations, resolution of conflict, or ambiguity in requirements as demanded by the various users or groups of users.
As System Analyst you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Uncovering and understanding customer needs and translates them into requirements;
- You can work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers,
architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations;
- You understand, research and follow technology trends in the industry and in general. Ability to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make
recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage;
- Providing internal and customer training on how to use the product;
- You answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities;
- Assessment of and addressing technical risks;
- You understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems;
- You serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community;
- Coordination of beta tests;
- You define success criteria for testing and product acceptance;
- Facilitation of the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation;
- You understand and provide input on integrating certain applications into the larger GfK Enterprise Architecture;
- Participation in the regular review and prioritization of GfK systems projects;
- You will be leading and/or participate in projects that aim to improve
the processes, performance, and quality;
- Analysis of business processes with the aim to suggest solutions around them;
- You will be learning and utilizing new technologies and how they integrate with GfK;
- You will be managing the product backlog and prioritizing items – balancing business strategy, user needs, and product vision.
Now that we've introduced you to the position of System Analyst, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or equivalent;
- 1+ years of experience in system analysis;
- You understand the software development life-cycle;
- You are analytical and detail-oriented, yet able to conceptualize end-state solutions;
- You have a proven reporting and analytical skills;
- You have strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of employees and management with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business users;
- You have experience in working in an entrepreneurial/ innovative environment with strong multi-tasking skills;
- You work easily in a diverse, fast-paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams;
- You are fluent in English;
- You are able to manage projects and teams using agile management
technologies such as Jira, Confluence is a plus.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!