For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
In regards with the rapid growth of our global IT team, we have the pleasure to invite you to join us in the role of:
Infrastructure Engineer - Application Support
Purpose of the Role
As part of the global GfK IT-Services Team we are looking for a passionate hands-on engineer who has a heart for operating Web-Applications. You will be responsible for all global Web-Applications at GfK. In this role you will deploy, run and monitor Web-Applications and deliver the promised service according to GfKs SLA portfolio. You will drive efficient web-solutions and provide 2nd and 3rd Level to other Teams within our global Web-Landscape and our follow-the-sun support approach.
As an Infrastructure Engineer - Application Support you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Deploy and support Web-Based applications for the global GfK Teams
- Understand applications and infrastructure and know how to use tools to investigate problems reported by all internal teams and customers
- Installation of new versions, patches
- Close customer contact during operative work
- Documentation of all executed tasks in a ticket tool and CMDB
- Proactive capacity and performance management of systems and system components
- Support in planning and implementation of projects / new designs
- Ensure global IT support based on follow-the-sun organization 24/7 availability on the various systems
- Provide periodic On-call support during non-business hours – 1 week on a monthly basis
Now that you know what an Infrastructure Engineer - Application Support does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- 3+ years of experience as an IT- Support
- 3+ years of experience in Linux administration
- 3+ years of experience with three of the IT technologies: IIS, Tomcat, Apache HTTPD, NGINX, Red Hat Linux
- Good Knowledge and experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix, Prometheus
- Knowledge in ITIL processes
- Fluent English
It would be a great addition if you have knowledge in:
- PowerShell, Bash-Scripting
- Network protocols, network security principles and industry-standard implementations of corporate network infrastructures
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, TLS/SSL certs and VPN
- SharePoint, Atlasian Software Suite, including Jira, Confluence, Bit bucket etc. and ServiceNow
- VMware vSphere, VMware vCenter, VMware Cloud
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors (+ Sodexo Andjoy plan Active preferences)
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Variety of sport activities such as football and traditional Bulgarian dances
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!