For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Purpose of the Role
- The HR Services Specialist will provide key support to the business in all aspects of the employee lifecycle – from issuing contracts to payroll – thereby contributing to GfK’s Global HR Management strategy
- The incumbent will consult and support Local HRBP in all personnel related queries including HR administration, payroll, documents management.
- He/she ensures local HR presence on site for all employee related issues aligned with the Local HRBP.
- The HR Services Specialist will be responsible for data accuracy and integrity in regards of personnel data including HR analytics support including Workday system management.
- He/she will have a multi country responsibility of Egypt and Morocco in the META region
- Be the first point of contact for local management and employees with operational HR processes and topics
- Support Local HR Business Partner with local employment law and HR knowledge and where needed on Employee Relations cases
- Proactively streamline and find efficiencies in the HR processes by utilizing the HRIS (Workday) and other mechanisms
- Issue and maintain employment paperwork and files, including contract changes and ad hoc documentation as required
- Support the monthly payroll submission. This also includes taking a lead role in the payroll outsourcing project and in defining the new processes as a result of this deployment
- Support on individual HR projects as required
- Ensure the delivery of HR Services is executed efficiently and in compliance with local rules and regulations.
- First tier support to HRBP for all local administrative tasks and execution of HR related matters
- Owns the employees data along the life cycle in Workday from the hiring to the termination process (e.g. on-boarding, payroll changes, issuing contracts, termination documents)
- Deliver support to line managers and employees, related to employee administration issues e.g. employee job changes, transfers
- Support employees and managers on questions related to Leave of Absences: e.g. Maternity, Parental, Sick Leave
- Supports projects to implement digital solutions as well as to centralize, streamline and expand HR Services scope
- Support and administer Payroll Management and includes all task related to payroll process, validations and report generations.
- Support and prepare all local contracts based on the local labour law guidelines including all topics related to employment contracts and employment visa
- Coordinate HR administration in order to provide support to all staff regarding people related matters, amongst others the following topics:
- manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are validated and processed accurately and timely
- prepare labour contracts & termination orders
- record-keeping of employment files (incl. employee master data management)
- supervision and coordination of administration activities
- Ensure compliance of HR processes according to GfK policies and local labor law
- Regional HR Services Lead
- Local HRBP
- HR Services Community
- HR Help Desk
- Local management and employees
- Potential future employees of GfK
- External payroll service providers
Technical skills required
- Strong HR and employment law knowledge
- Willingness to innovate and challenge not just to react
- Ability to work within a matrix organisation, supporting wider HR initiatives and collaborating with HR colleagues globally
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to use Excel, Powerpoint etc. effectively
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good written and spoken French will be an advantage
- Experience supporting with Egypt and Morocco HR topics is desirable
- Previous payroll experience is desirable
- Previous Workday knowledge is desirable
- Knowledge of local employment laws and regulations in order to maintain compliance at all levels
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!