For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
GfK’s suite of Market Intelligence (MI) solutions are providing manufacturers, distributors, and retailers with the ability to measure performance, identify opportunities and implement smarter and faster decisions across the areas of product, price, place, and promotion. The Global MI Sales team is responsible for defining the go-to market aspects of these solutions and supporting our teams across 60 countries worldwide to maximize our reach and value to our clients.
Reporting to our VP, Global Sales MI the Global Senior Sales Manager MI role is focused on ensuring our current and future clients within the Telecommunications sector are gaining the full value of our service to accelerate their growth and achieve their aspirations. As such this role includes the global ownership of GfK Daily Pricing Monitor, a fully automated global price monitoring and analysis suite that covers all post-pay and pre-paid propositions.
As Global Senior Sales Manager MI you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Working together with the Vice President of Global MI Sales to drive go-to-market aspects for MI solutions within the Telecommunications sector, aligned with the GfK Company strategy;
- Global ownership of GfK Partner Program for Mobile Network Operators and Virtual Mobile Network Operations. Working with GfK community of Telecoms Account Managers to ensure current and future clients across the globe gain full value from insight partnership;
- Utilizing and developing a global network within the Telecommunications sector to maximize our support into the fast-moving and evolving industry;
- Continuously investing in your own skills development through undertaking GfK Global Learning programs. Utilize and reflect learnings in scaled tools, templates, and go-to market approaches;
- Global ownership of GfK Daily Pricing Monitor including relationship management with our technology partner, for the industry-leading solution;
- Supporting GfK Global network of Account Managers with Daily Pricing Monitor proposal requests, providing hands-on support to ensure our solution effectively meets client requirements and is distinctly communicated;
- Ownership of pitch and proposal excellence for GfK Daily Pricing Monitor, working across functions to ensure a best-in-class approach is consistently delivered;
- Measuring, reporting, and outlining actions together with regional and country leads to ensure GfK Daily Pricing Monitor provides maximum reach and value to our clients;
- Identifies opportunities to further support our client with new globally scaled MI solutions and initiatives. Owning the evaluation of the solution/s to ensure the final solution addresses the client's needs. Taking lead role to support business in decisions making on rollout and prioritization.
Now that we've introduced you to the position of Global Senior Sales Manager MI, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- More than 5 years’ experience in client-facing sales roles;
- Experience in direct line management;
- International experience is preferable;
- Experienced in the Research Industry with a proven record on client account management and development in the Telecommunications sector;
- Effectively driven the rollout and evolution of new insight solutions to provide long-term and sustainable business growth;
- Been successfully within the Telecommunications sector, notably with Mobile Network Operator and/or Virtual Mobile Network Operators;
- Established and owned relationships with external partners;
- Client-focused. Proficient in identifying, exploring, and communicating client needs, converting into appropriate research solutions that enable client growth;
- Strong communication skills. Knows how to work with a diverse community to set and meet common goals;
- Ability to use data to diagnose problems, identify and implement scalable corrective actions;
- Works with integrity and has eye for detail with high-quality standards;
- Enthusiasm to learn and utilize learnings;
- Able to build meaningful client relationships, and work standalone;
- Passion, energy, and drive.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!