Marketing & Communications
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Reporting to our Global Head of Content based in London, the Global Content Manager supports with all group projects and initiatives to drive traffic, engagement and revenue, delivering to both business and marketing objectives. The Global Content Manager collaborates across GfK functions and silos to deliver against an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business and marketing objectives in the most efficient way. The successful postholder manages global content production whilst overseeing both the Global Content Calendar & Global Content Forum. In addition, the Global Content Manager assists in the development, optimization and roll-out of the Global Content Strategy whilst providing tailored advice to regions on content and global strategic objectives.
- Bring key insights from the business, including personas, segments and products, to evolve the Content Strategy and its effectiveness
- Manage continuing optimization and refinement of the Global Content Strategy, presenting updates to content producers and stakeholders
- Optimize Content Strategy with measurement and analytics
- Ensure attribution is aligned with Content Strategy to present meaningful data for purpose of ROI
Calendar and planning
- Build processes to bring key insights from the business, including data and trends, personas, segments and products, to enrich the content and aid production
- Manage the Global Content Calendar, ensuring regions are updated and aligned
- Continually identify content opportunities from significant dates, business activity and collaboration, among others, to create greater impact and success
- Assisting with the development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
- Build content and campaign, briefs together with key stakeholders
- Work closely with agencies and external partners, collaborating with internal teams and stakeholders to manage the content workflows
- Liaise with internal/external resources to obtain and deliver content
- Use expertise to ensure content quality as well as relevancy and accuracy by checking with key stakeholders
- Manage the Global Content Forum, purpose, agenda, attendees, actions
- Update the wider business on Global Content Forum output where necessary
Optimize and Improve
- Research new technologies, processes and formats to bring a high-performing suite of content to GfK channels, both on and off site
- Look for trends and analysis that supports new content concepts, ideas and initiatives
- Use persona mapping and a crafted customer journey throughout and apply the principles to all content build and distribution
- Support GfK’s brand governance and tone of voice
- Build and develop the reporting process, evolving the optimisation of content and measuring the performance in response to learning and insights.
- Ensure use of marketing mix modelling, multi-channel and content strategies
- At least 3+ years experience in a similar content management role, preferably for a B2B workflow
- Experience in the application of a content marketing strategy and the principles that make it effective
- Expertise in high-performing multi-channel content (all formats) and distribution
- Excellent understanding of measurement, analytics and attribution models and how to bring meaningful data to support content based ROI
- SEO understanding, content categorisation and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Knowledge of SEO (on site and off site) and its effect on SEO Content
- Knowledge of persona and customer journey mapping and using customer data/insights to inform content strategy and planning
- Knowledge of how to apply ToV and Brand Style to create a consistent customer content journey and increase brand recognition and awareness.
- Understanding the best practices of the main social media channels as well as which content and approaches work on each and why
- A brand publisher and editorial mindset: to generate the content our audience is looking for and then to optimise the content and customer journey
- Understanding of how PR and Press activity supports the effectiveness of content, its reach and its role in organic search
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment with focus on the delivery of results
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, especially Powerpoint
- Desirable but not essential : previous experience with Content Management and/or Marketing Orchestration Platforms.
- Good knowledge of a typical enterprise business marketing technology stack
- Open minded, flexible and willing to incorporate other people’s opinions
- Proactive problem-solving skills that lead to innovative thinking and resolutions
- Native-level English speaking and writing abilities, German is a plus but not a must
- Ability to work in an international, transforming and complex matrix organization
- Ability to flex between strategic planning and hands-on execution
- Commercial mindset and experience in content revenue generation
- Some international travel may be required
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!