Commercial assessment of a new immunotherapy
We conducted secondary research to explore the current sepsis market and the current and future competitive landscape.
As part of due diligence on a potential in-licensing target, we were asked to provide an independent expert view on the commercial potential for an innovative treatment for severe sepsis.
This required us to:
- assess the size of the targeted severe sepsis population, diagnosis and treatment rate
- understand the current treatment patterns, unmet needs and expectations and opportunities for new treatments
- review the current and future competitive landscape
- test potential target product profiles
- develop potential pricing, access and uptake scenarios for the different target product profiles(TPPs)
- establish revenue potential based on the different scenarios
- highlight the critical success factors and risks
The geographic scope included France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, the US and Japan.
We conducted secondary research to explore the current sepsis market and the current and future competitive landscape. We then undertook primary research with payers and key opinion leaders to address any gaps in our research, to test potential TPPs and to gain external validation on potential pricing, access and uptake scenarios.
We delivered our top-line findings on the critical areas for commercial success in an executive presentation. In addition, we supplied a detailed report of the research findings, including feedback about the actions the client should take to maximize the commercial potential of the asset.